Embedded Software Engineering Manager - Z-Wave
We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives. silabs.com
Are you a real gadget geek, looking for a chance to create cutting edge Smart Home technologies? This is the chance to be at the absolute forefront of Smart Home development. Our Z-Wave software teams are responsible for creating leading edge scalable solutions that allows our customers to market innovative products in this high growth space.
As our Manager for Z-Wave Applications, you get:
- The opportunity to be a driving force in the global Silicon Labs SW R&D organization
- A job in a dynamic and highly innovative technology company in a rapidly growing global market
- The chance to join a group of highly professional and dedicated colleagues who share your passion
- The satisfaction of seeing your work in action. Our offices are packed with our own products and we have clear line of sight between what we do and what that enables.
As part of our Z-Wave software team, your workdays revolve around innovation - initiated by yourself, your colleagues or customer requests. The Z-Wave technology have recently entered a new era by introducing long-range capabilities and at the same time the Z-Wave Alliance significantly expanded its technology initiatives.
What you will be doing:
- Lead a new team of embedded application designers in our Budapest design office.
- Develop, certify and support a collection of production quality Z-Wave sample applications.
- Work closely with the Z-Wave protocol team in Copenhagen to create the best technical solutions for our customers
- Championing the Z-Wave Scrum process within the Budapest team
- Participate in the customer support process by evaluate tickets in respect to DoD and time estimate
- 3+ years experience as Embedded SW manager or Embedded SW team lead.
- Relevant technical background such as BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with wireless networks and communication protocols (Z-Wave, Zigbee, BLE, etc) is a huge plus!
- Strong experience with C programming in RTOS constrained environment
- Experience with Unit test and Static code analysis
- Experience with Scrum – either as a Contributor, Scrum master or Product owner
Joining Z-Wave in Budapest, you will experience a supportive and multicultural global product organization, where you will get many different perspectives and cooperate with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues.
You would be working from our office in Budapest, in Graphisoft Park, next to the riverbank of the Danube. We also offer:
- annual Budapest travel card or parking in the office garage
- great cafeteria system
- opportunity to join Employment Stock Purchase Plan
- private health care access
- life and accident insurance for every employee
- mobile phone
- contribution to a voluntary private pension fund
- possibility to meet with the executive team regularly
- supportive and multicultural office with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues
- we prioritize the time for social activities, competitions, after work dinners and so much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.