Product Manager, Proprietary Wireless
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
IoT is the largest investment and focus area for Silicon Labs and is one of the most visible and fastest growing segments of the semiconductor industry. Our portfolio of industry leading wireless solutions includes Bluetooth, Zigbee, Thread, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Proprietary Wireless and other emerging technologies driving the next generation of IoT smart connected products.
As part of the Wireless Technologies platform team, you will be responsible for defining and influencing our future 2.4GHz and Sub-GHz Proprietary Wireless software, tools, ICs and modules, participate to various industry conferences and events, drive the Proprietary Wireless technology strategy, collaborate with the R&D teams to drive execution and actively provide wireless expertise to the IoT Business Unit.
Come and join us in our goal to become the undisputed leader in wireless connectivity for the IoT!
- Drive the Silicon Labs 2.4GHz and Sub-GHz Proprietary Wireless technology strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with segment business units, engineering and project management teams to guide priorities, product execution and delivery
- Master the hardware and software capabilities of Silicon Labs Proprietary Wireless products
- Manage Proprietary Wireless product definition, feature requests, expectations and customer escalations across the IoT organization, balancing tactical and strategic considerations
- Contribute to product launches, marketing activities, sales enablement, technical collateral and product training
- Drive Silicon Labs’ Proprietary Wireless commercial success, continued growth and adoption
- Travel periodically domestic and international to our global sites, key customers and various alliances members meetings and events
Three reasons why you should apply
- Influence the definition of our software roadmap, tools, ICs and modules for 2.4GHz and Sub-GHz Proprietary Wireless
- Join a passionate and technically savvy team with a clear commitment to winning in the IoT
- Make a substantial impact at Silicon Labs with the goal to more than double the IoT revenue during the next few years
- 5+ years of experience in wireless communications product management, software and applications development or wireless system design. Previous semiconductor product management or applications engineering experience with wireless SoCs is preferred.
- Wireless market experience in metering, lighting, home automation, security, agriculture or consumer electronics.
- Solid understanding of radio architecture, proprietary wireless protocols and operation in licensed and ISM bands including sub-GHz (169/315/433/868/915 MHz) and 2.4 GHz is highly desired.
- Specific knowledge of regulatory requirements for wireless devices (e.g. FCC/IC, CE, Anatel, ARIB) or LPWAN technologies (e.g. Wi-SUN, WMBUS, SigFox, LoRa, LTE-M, NB-IoT) is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of embedded systems, microcontrollers and semiconductors
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to motivate and excite people and influence customers and internal stakeholders
- Self-driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic, dynamic, adaptable, organized with attention to detail
- Availability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Flexibility to synchronize with team members located on different global time zones
- Master's/Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent), MBA is a plus
Budapest Perks & Benefits
You would be working from our office in Budapest, in Graphisoft Park, next to the riverbank of the Danube. We also offer:
- annual Budapest travel card or parking in the office garage
- great cafeteria system
- opportunity to join Employment Stock Purchase Plan
- private health care access
- life and accident insurance for every employee
- contribution to a voluntary private pension fund
- possibility to meet with the executive team regularly
- supportive and multicultural office with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues
- we prioritize the time for social activities, competitions, after work dinners and so much more!
Intrigued? Apply today to learn more about our success story!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.