Senior Product Quality Engineer
Who We Are
At Silicon Labs, we know innovation doesn’t start with companies — it starts with people; People who love solving problems and developing new ideas using their diverse talents, backgrounds and perspectives. We are creative thinkers and collaborative innovators who work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges. As part of our team, you’ll work on groundbreaking technologies that impact the world, from products that simplify home automation and address medical issues to solutions that reduce energy waste and enable sustainable infrastructure. You will also be supported by a team that values learning from each other and helping one another succeed.
Do you think creatively, design passionately and dream big? Then we want you on our team. Together we can build a smarter and more connected world.
The Product Quality Engineer (PQE) is responsible for all aspects of Product Quality from product development through high volume production. You will partner with Marketing, Applications, Design, Packaging Engineering, Foundry Engineering, Failure Analysis, Supplier Quality, Supplier Management, and Sales to ensure high quality products are delivered to our customers. You will work with customers on specific customer quality requirements or requests, as well as address product reliability and quality issues and drive corrective actions.
- Develop comprehensive new product qualification requirements based on industry standards and customer requirements.
- Drive high quality into product design and manufacturing using Lessons Learned, Risk Assessments, Design of Experiments (DOE), Design for Test (DFT), Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Failure Analysis.
- Lead cross functional teams to address customer product reliability and quality issues, including containing the issue, determining root cause, implementing corrective actions, and providing regular updates to the customer
- Provide leadership to achieve Defective Parts per Million (DPPM) goals, customer complaint cycle time targets, and high-quality 8D reports
- Analyze manufacturing deviations and evaluate risks to disposition affected product by participating on Material Review Boards (MRB)
- Support continuous improvement, defect reduction, and cost reduction activities by working closely with product test engineering, supplier managers, and supplier quality to coordinate product qualifications and ongoing reliability and quality monitors
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree with 7+ years of experience in the semiconductor industry
- Strong understanding of reliability theories & methods, statistical data analysis, and continuous improvement methodologies
- Good understanding of Semiconductor Technology and the manufacturing process
- Process control and other six sigma tools knowledge
- Experience with problem solving tools and root cause analysis techniques (Fault tree analysis, 3x5 Why, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis)
- Familiarity with Integrated Circuit, including System-in-a-Package (SiP) and module, qualification standards such as JEDEC and AEC-Q100
- Good communication skills with customer facing experience
Your Benefits & Perks
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Medical and dental insurance coverage including spouse and child(ren)
- Bi yearly health screening and flu vaccination
- Office location is above Tai Seng MRT station
Why You Belong at Silicon Labs
At Silicon Labs we value diversity and work to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be their authentic self.We are dedicated to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, which is why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Silicon Labs does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.