We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Power and Isolation at Silicon Labs
Silicon Labs’ Power and Isolation products include a variety of products based on our superior isolation and high-voltage design expertise. These products enhance system performance, flexibility and reliability through innovation, while still reducing overall solution size and cost. The Power Applications Engineering team at Silicon labs plays a vital role in the development of these product lines, from the definition phase to mass production. Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and other power transfer technologies are the primary focus of the Power Applications team in Budapest, Hungary.
Learn more about our Power and Isolation products here:
About the team and the role
As a Hardware Applications Engineer, you will be part of a high-performing team. With the common goal of ensuring the adoption of our products by our customers, the Applications Engineering team is the key to our customers’ success. This team supports all areas of product development including definition of new products, generation of customer design collateral, product validation, as well as customer support through our global team of field engineers. Your experience will help us build our product portfolio to ensure continued success in the Power and Isolation markets.
Your main tasks will be:
- Develop evaluation boards that provide best-practice PCB layout guidelines for maximum efficiency and optimal EMI performance
- Develop creative demonstration hardware and solutions to support pre-sale customer demonstrations and trade shows
- Collaborate with global IC design and other internal teams to define new product requirements and develop validation plans
- Provide technical assistance to global customers
- Author and maintain application notes, user guides and whitepapers
- Author and deliver training material to customers and our field teams
- Develop custom hardware solutions to help customers solve tough problems
- Perform competitive analysis and end-product tear-downs
Mastery needed for success in this role:
- BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering, Microelectronic Engineering or similar
- 2+ years’ experience in a hardware engineering field
- Strong analog circuit analysis skills
- Experience with PCB Design software and tools (Altium, OrCAD or similar)
- Hands-on experience with measurement equipments and soldering
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to travel internationally on occasion to support critical customer issues and work with cross-functional teams in Austin, TX
This will make you shine above the rest:
- Some experience with regulatory testing, such as EMI or electrical safety
- Experience supporting semiconductor products
- Experience with Power-over-Ethernet
- Experience with automotive electronics
- Experience with measurement automation and scripting
Budapest Perks & Benefits
You would be working from our office in Budapest, in Graphisoft Park, next to the riverbank of the Danube. We also offer:
- annual Budapest travel card or parking in the office garage
- great cafeteria system
- opportunity to join Employment Stock Purchase Plan
- private health care access
- life and accident insurance for every employee
- contribution to a voluntary private pension fund
- possibility to meet with the executive team regularly
- supportive and multicultural office with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues
- we prioritize the time for social activities, competitions, after work dinners and so much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.