Senior Software Engineering Manager
We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal longterm partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
Silicon Labs is building a Software Center of Excellence in Hyderabad, India. To support this initiative, we are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to build a software development team focused on cloud and web development. The team charter for this software team is to:
- Collaborate, share and bring better velocity to the entire company
- Produce full stack applications to enable and enhance internal processes, security, and external customer facing solutions
- Use cloud based technology and modern software development to be flexible and responsive to evolving business needs
marketing teams, applications engineers, stack/embedded software engineers and program management. In addition, to being an excellent communicator with a solid technical background, the ideal candidate should have experience developing front and back end applications, CI/CD processes, and an understanding of software architecture. We are looking for creative, flexible, pragmatic, and skilled individuals with superb communications skills and a love of problem solving in a fast-paced team environment.
The development team you will build and oversee shall be a tight group of software engineering professionals with a broad understanding of cloud and web application architecture, front and back end technologies, database design and how to scale these solutions. We develop and support applications that are used both internally by members across the engineering organization and our end customers building products. This will be a global team where we will work together to streamline our development practices and process. This will include collaborative
architecture and code reviews across teams to ensure quality and maintainability.
Challenges you will solve
- Build and manage a software team focused on delivering high quality products
- Develop productivity measures and team dashboards to track practice
- Identify execution risks and escalate product issues
- Design and implement best-in-class process and efficiency improvements
- Work with product marketing and key customers to reproduce issues and improve understanding of use cases
- Balance innovation with execution to ensure that the projects are delivered in a timely manner
- Drive process changes to enable more efficient execution within the team
- Nest.js, Vue.js, Prisma
- Jenkins, Sonarqube, Terraform, Docker
- Build, manage, recruit and retain a software team focused on building and maintaining software products for internal and external users
- Create management dashboards to provide accurate status to executives and direct reports
- Work closely with Program Management, Product Marketing and Software Architects to define software releases
- Work with Product Marketing to understand and describe key requirements for projects
- Report Build and Test Results
- Lead a team in an Agile flow
- Communicate well and work well in a small cross-functional team
- Possess a strong sense of responsibility and an ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- 5+ years of work experience as a Software Engineer
- 2+ years as a Software Engineering Manager
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with cloud-based computing and compute resource management
- Knowledge of version control systems, git
- Proficient in resource management tools, Jira
- Experience in security or cryptography practices
- Experience with embedded software development or testing
- Knowledge in programming languages or technologies outside of list above
- Data communications and networking.
Minimum of Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering from four year college or university preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.