Senior Product Quality Engineer
About Silicon Labs:
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
What You Will Do:
Product Quality and Reliability Engineering drives the implementation of quality systems to meet product quality and reliability requirements. These systems affect design, test, verification, assembly, fabrication processes and qualification methodologies resulting in cost effective, manufacturable and high-quality products for our customers.
The group drives continuous improvements in product quality, reliability, manufacturability and costs within the company through the complete life cycle of the product. This includes participation in design, manufacturability and production reviews.
- Work closely with manufacturing/supplier quality engineers and assure appropriate manufacturing inspections, sampling and statistical process controls are in place and being followed at our suppliers. Coordinate product qualifications and ongoing monitors to ensure outgoing products meet corporate quality and reliability requirements.
- Participate in supplier quality issue management: Reviews and analyzes customer quality incident trend, supplier process / product inspection data, yield data, process capability (Cpk), QA gate ppm trend, supplier audit results, etc. to prioritize areas of focus for critical quality improvement in manufacturing processes. Participate in customer/supplier audits to ensure compliance to defined standards, methods and procedures (eg ISO, IATF, QMS, SQM). Follow up on timely corrective actions closure and effectiveness.
- Participate in developing plans to validate reliability of new process technologies and packages, modules, SIPs and higher level assemblies.
- Support customers with new product & technology acceptance, change management, failure analysis coordination and corrective action processes. Face to face customer interaction experience a plus.
- Work closely with the Quality Systems group to assure compliance with internal and external standards (ISO, AEC, JEDEC, UL, TUV, etc.).
- Adhere to company standard document control and tracking processes. Use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Education and/or Experience: BS/MSEE and a minimum of 10 years of experience in semiconductor quality across fabrication, assembly and test.
- Must have a thorough understanding of electronic components, semiconductor manufacturing, semiconductor device physics, failure mechanisms, statistical methods, problem solving methodology, FMEA, and quality management systems.
- Familiarity with IC qualification standards such as JEDEC and AEC-Q100
- Direct experience with global customers required.
- Experienced in auditing ISO, IATF or QS system assessments
- Hands-on experience on Seven Basic Quality Tools, risk analysis, statistical data analysis, statistical process control, sample plan development, and process capability analysis.
- Familiar with fabless semiconductor business.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents.
- Ability to influence development (design, test, process and package and supplier engineering).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Mandarin.
- Strong results orientation and ability to work across organizations.
- ASQ or equivalent certification a plus (CQE, CQM/OE, CRE, CSSGB/BB)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.