Senior Engineer-Design Validation
About Silicon Labs:
We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies, and improve lives.
How the IoT RF Validation Team Works
The IoT Wireless MCU products produced by Silicon Laboratories combines an energy friendly MCU with a highly integrated radio transceiver. These devices are well suited for a variety of wireless applications across a wide range of frequencies, digital protocols, and power levels. The Silicon Labs RF Validation team is responsible for the development of hardware, software, test plans and systems to validate our integrated circuits and works with several functional teams (Design, Systems, Production Test, and Applications) to define and validate our RF products.
What you will do:
Our team is responsible for the RF performance specifications and datasheets for the products. We also investigate and look for ways to improve performance of new and existing products and support the Application Team with customer support. The ability to validate and resolve issues related to RF performance in a timely manner is essential to our ability to continue to create world class products for our customers.
What skills you will need:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering; 7+ year experience in validation
- Board or system level engineering knowledge with a solid understanding of RF concepts
- Ability to understand both RF system level performance issues as well as IC circuits
- Familiarity with integrated transmitters and receivers, impedance matching, PCB layout, and Python scripting
- Understanding of Radio Transceiver architecture with knowledge of how to test and verify RF System performance
- Ability to perform PCB development and optimize RF matching networks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and will be comfortable explaining technical concepts to a wide range of audiences, including senior engineering leaders.
Benefits & Perks
Not only will you be joining a highly skilled and tight-knit team where every engineer makes a significant impact on the product; we also strive for good work/life balance and to make our environment welcoming and fun.
- Equity Rewards (RSUs)
- Insurance plans
- PF and NPS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.