RF Validation Engineer
How the IoT RF Validation Team Works
The IoT Wireless MCU products produced by Silicon Laboratories combines an energy-friendly MCU with a highly integrated radio transceiver. These devices are well suited for a variety of wireless applications across a wide range of frequencies, digital protocols, and power levels. The Silicon Labs RF Validation team is responsible for the development of hardware, software, test plans and systems to validate our integrated circuits and works with several functional teams (Design, Systems, Production Test, and Applications) to define and validate our RF products.
What you will do:
Our team is responsible for the RF performance specifications and datasheets for the products. We also investigate and look for ways to improve performance of new and existing products and support the Application Team with customer support. The ability to validate and resolve issues related to RF performance in a timely manner is essential to our ability to continue to create world class products for our customers.
What skills you will need:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering; any prior internship experience in the area of validation will be considered a plus
- Board or system level engineering knowledge with a solid understanding of RF concepts
- Ability to understand both RF system level performance issues as well as IC circuits
- Familiarity with integrated transmitters and receivers, impedance matching, PCB layout, and Python scripting
- Understanding of Radio Transceiver architecture with knowledge of how to test and verify RF System performance
- Ability to perform PCB development and optimize RF matching networks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and will be comfortable explaining technical concepts to a wide range of audiences, including senior engineering leaders.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.