Validation Engineering Manager
Validation Engineering Manager (WiFi/BT/BLE)
Leads and manages test automation team responsible for IC Validation. Provide automation scripts for Validation and debug of WiFi/BT/BLE IC products ensures a high coverage of functionality with a goal of zero functional failures in the field. Should be able to collaborates with the IC and FW Design team to develop a verification plan for WiFi/BT/BLE.
- Leads validation staff to execute upon the following responsibilities:
- Development and execution of validation test plans, writing test firmware & software, and building system-level configurations.
- Post-silicon validation, testing, and debug of block functionality on prototype silicon.
- Work with design teams to isolate design errata, perform failure analysis, and verify design fixes.
- Perform system-level verification prior to production release to identify problems.
- Enables and/or performs silicon characterization and functional testing through the development of robust and reusable tests.
- Maintain and analyze characterization data to ensure that the data matches design goals while also identifying potential problems in production.
- Define, develop, and/or acquire software and/or hardware tools in support of silicon validation efforts.
- Develop automation scripts to automate data collection, decrease data collection times, ensure repeatable measurements, and generate reports.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to less experienced team members to develop test automation.
- Communicates technical information to senior members of the management team.
- Provides guidance, mentoring, and direct supervision to subordinates
- Oversees interaction of team members with other disciplines (design, applications, and product and test engineering).
- Conducts annual performance reviews of direct reports.
- Recruits, selects, develops, and motivates the best engineers to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as an advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules and performance requirements
- Other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors or Masters in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 12 + years of related experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Management experience of SW & HW engineering resources
- Post-silicon validation experience
- Experience in the development of automated test systems using laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of software programming tools and SW development.
- Must have through understanding of WiFi/BT/BLE RF level specifications
- Basic Knowledge of circuit design, device fabrication and board design is a value add.
- Technical documentation authoring and editing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively recruit, manage, and retain employees
- Ability to work across functional groups
- Familiarity with quality procedures and documentation
- Proficiency with MS Office or equivalent
- Programming skills & proficiency in Python , C language & MATLAB is a must.
Your Benefits & Perks
Not only will you be joining a highly skilled and tight-knit team where every engineer makes a significant impact on the product; we also strive for good work/life balance and to make our environment welcoming and fun.
- Equity Rewards (RSUs)
- Insurance plans
- PF and NPS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.