Applications Engineer II
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.We hire the most innovative talent in the world through professional and university channels and then solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including Internet of Things, internet infrastructure, industrial automation, consumer and automotive. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company. Learn more at www.silabs.com/careersThe OpportunityApplications Engineering at Silicon Labs is recognized as a core function, enabling the company to deliver successful products into successful customer IoT solutions. This role is a key link between Silicon Labs product engineering and the customer application. The AE is a primary contact for customer’s engineering teams working on integrating Silicon Labs products into their systems. The AE understands customer requirements and supports them during evaluation, integration, prototype, certification, and production phases of their product development. The AE also creates reference applications, evaluation kit examples, writes application notes, and participates in product engineering release and marketing activities.Application Engineers are critical to achieving our goals and enabling Silicon Labs to continue to evolve and enhance our increasingly connected world.
- BE/B.Tech, ME/M.Tech in electronics or computer science
- 4+ years of related industry experience with expertise in MCU based embedded systems design and embedded software development.
- Exposure to integration of Wi-Fi and BT/BLE connectivity into IoT Solutions
- Experience in customer interaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Present Silicon Labs Wireless MCU IoT solutions to customers
- Understand customer application requirements and suggest appropriate solutions
- Present technical advantages and differentiations of the company’s products to customers
- Support customers during evaluation, integration, prototype, certification, and production phases of their product development
- Create and provide technical training to customers, sales representatives and distributors as well as internal sales team
- Create application notes and write articles