We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Why this position matters:
Our IoT and Infrastructure & Automotive divisions are seeking new college graduates to join our team as analog/mixed-signal design engineers. As a Design Engineer at Silicon Labs you will play a key role in designing transistor-level analog circuit blocks, doing and/or supervising physical layout, verifying circuit level operation and performance, and assisting with tape-out related activities.
- As a Design Engineer on the Infrastructure & Automotive team you will work on developing complex mixed-signal ICs for power, isolation, and timing applications. Many of the ICs include isolated drivers and sensors, data conversion, phase-locked loops, microcontrollers, and other mixed-signal circuitry. Learn more about our I&A products here and here.
As a Design Engineer on the IoT team you will work on developing analog modules for MCU applications. These modules include data converters, LDO’s, DC-DC’s, comparators, and other analog/mixed-signal circuitry. Learn more about our IoT products here.
Silicon Labs has a track record of multiple industry firsts and of transforming and disrupting large and diversified markets. Our Design Engineers are at the forefront of that success!
What you will do:
- Analog/mixed-signal circuit and sub-system specification, design, analysis, and implementation (including schematic entry, simulation, layout supervision, etc.).
- Development and use of behavioral models for simulation of analog and mixed-signal circuits. Verification of analog and mixed-signal sub-systems and the entire chip using transistor-level and behavioral models. Laboratory measurements and validation of ICs.
What skills you will need:
- MS. or Ph. D. in Electrical Engineering
- Strong motivation to contribute to all facets of chip design from conceptualization to release to mass production.
- Experience with analog IC circuit design in a CAD environment.
- Strong knowledge of analog/mixed-signal circuit concepts, simulation, and testing techniques.
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills, positive attitude, and willingness to work on a team.
- Working knowledge of Cadence Virtuoso, Spectre, AMS, BDASim, Matlab, and other circuit simulation tools.
- Any experience in the follow areas will be considered a plus:
- Analog/mixed-signal techniques, system noise analysis, layout trade-offs, etc.
- Low-power circuit design techniques.
- High-speed, high-performance analog/mixed-signal circuit design techniques.
- Design of sigma-delta and/or Nyquist ADC and DACs.
- Competence in behavioral modeling (e.g. Verilog, VerilogA) and high-level languages (e.g., C)