Senior Hardware Engineer
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Silicon Labs Norway seeks a Senior Hardware Engineer for the Hardware Tools team. You will be a key member of a highly capable team of hardware and software engineers, responsible for designing world-class development tools for Silicon Labs’ portfolio of current and future microcontrollers, wireless devices, and sensor devices. We are seeking an embedded system designer with particular focus on hardware to strengthen our team.
- Embedded system design and architecture
- Board design, including schematics and layout
- Prototype test and design validation
- Design for manufacturing
- Automated test system development
Education and Experience:
MS in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent education) and 5+ years of professional experience in electronics design. An advanced degree or extensive relevant experience may reduce the minimum experience required.
- Embedded system designer with deep knowledge of all phases of electronic circuit design, including manufacturing and production testing.
- Good understanding of embedded software, or the desire to learn more about the interaction between hardware, firmware and software in an embedded system.
- Experience with schematic capture tools.
- Cadence OrCAD Capture and/or Altium Designer is an advantage.
- Genuine interest for development processes.
- Experience/knowledge in low-power design techniques.
- Knowledge of FPGA, microcontrollers and wireless microcontrollers.
- Knowledge of programming languages like C, Python and TCL.
- Enthusiastic, creative and innovative.
- Excellent analytical and system troubleshooting skills.
- Methodical, thorough and dedicated to quality.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Team player.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.