Applications Engineer - IoT (Spécialiste d'applications)
Location: Montreal (Old Montreal)
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation.
Meet the Team:
Are you a real gadget geek, looking for the chance to work on cutting edge IoT technologies? This is the chance to be at the absolute forefront of the IoT industry!
The IoT Product Applications (15.4 Mesh) team is as global and as diverse as the customers and products we support - small enough to share two pizzas, yet we represent multiple continents and numerous cultures and languages. We interface with various internal development, marketing, and business teams to understand problems and solutions holistically. We value individual drive and strengths as much as we value collaboration. We lead investigations as well as answer questions. We specialize in solving the most complex problems for the most impactful customers who use our IEEE 802.15.4 mesh networking solutions (e.g. Zigbee, OpenThread). We sharpen our tools every day.
What You Will Do:
In this role you will be working with world leading IoT customers and their next generation wireless products that are going to shape the world tomorrow. You will have a direct impact on the success of those products as you help them design and build connected systems.
- Provide mesh networking (such as Zigbee and OpenThread) technical product support to leading IoT customers worldwide, including code review, architecture discussion, and analysis of network packet trace or debug log & reproduction of complex networking software issues.
- Drive urgent, complex, or cross-functional customer issues to closure
- Participate in validating device design, firmware and software architecture for internal and customer use, and providing feedback to internal teams in order to improve software product usability and quality.
- Create example code to demonstrate software features.
- Write technical collateral, including knowledge base articles, quick start guides, application notes, and code examples.
- Present training material for Silicon Labs global sales, field engineers, and customers.
Education and Skills for Success:
- BSc or MSc degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent, and at least 2 years of industry experience
- Strong C programming skills on embedded systems
- Understanding of networking concepts (wired or wireless protocols, OSI model, etc.)
- Knowledge of software programming tools (IDEs, programmers and debuggers)
- Experience conducting technical trainings
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug systems, circuits, and devices a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Bonus Skills and Experience:
- Experience with wireless communication protocols (IEEE 802.15.4 strongly preferred)
- Experience with UDP and internet application protocols such as CoAP
- Experience with OpenWeave and/or Apple HomeKit
- Experience with Unix, Linux, and embedded OS environments such as Raspbian, AndroidOS, FreeRTOS, or MicriumOS/µCOS
- Experience in PCB schematic review
Benefits & Perks at Silicon Labs
- Flexible hours
- Highly competitive salary
- Employee profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Equity Rewards (RSUs)
- Insurance plans
- Paid volunteer days
- Free coffee & snacks
- Lunch and learn
- Monthly company updates with our CEO
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.