Are you a real gadget geek, looking for the chance to work on cutting edge IoT technologies?
This is the chance to be at the absolute forefront of IoT!
Who Are We?
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity.
Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios.
Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation.
Meet the Team:
Our team is as global and as diverse as the customers and products we support - small enough to share two pizzas, yet we represent three continents and multiple cultures and languages. We interface with various internal development, marketing and business teams to understand problems and solutions holistically. We value individual drive and strengths as much as we value collaboration. We lead investigations more than we answer questions. We learn and use a broad set of technologies and platforms and solve the most complex problems for the most impactful customers. We sharpen our tools every day.
Joining Silicon Labs in Budapest, Hungary (office in Graphisoft Park), you will experience a supportive and multicultural office, where you will get many different perspectives and collaborate with enthusiastic and hard-working colleagues. We prioritize the time for social activities, competitions, after work dinners and much more.
What You Will Do:
In this role you will be working with world leading IoT customer and their next generation wireless products that are going to shape the world tomorrow. You will have a direct impact on the success of those products as you help them design and build connected systems.
- Providing technical product support to leading IoT customeers worldwide, including code review, architecture discussion, and analysis & reproduction of complex networking software issues
- Validating device design, firmware and software architecture for internal and customer use
- Providing the sales organization and field applications engineers with technical support and training
- Creating example code to demonstrate software features; creating custom firmware for customer’s application
- Writing, editing, and reviewing application notes and technical articles
Education and Skills Needed for Success:
- BSc or MSc degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong C programming skills on embedded systems
- Understanding of networking concepts (wired or wireless protocols, OSI model, etc.)
- Knowledge of software programming tools (IDEs, programmers and debuggers)
- Experience conducting technical trainings
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug systems, circuits, and devices a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience with wireless communication protocols (Zigbee or IEEE 802.15.4 strongly preferred)
- Experience with Linux and embedded OS environments such as Raspbian, AndroidOS, FreeRTOS, or MicriumOS/µCOS
- Experience in PCB schematic review
Budapest Perks & Benefits
You would be working from our office in Budapest, in Graphisoft Park, next to the riverbank of the Danube. We also offer:
- annual Budapest travel card or parking in the office garage
- great cafeteria system
- opportunity to join Employment Stock Purchase Plan
- private health care access
- life and accident insurance for every employee
- contribution to a voluntary private pension fund
- possibility to meet with the executive team regularly
- supportive and multicultural office with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues
- we prioritize the time for social activities, competitions, after work dinners and so much more!
Intrigued? Apply today to learn more about our success story!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status