Senior Hardware Engineer
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world. We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Meet the Team
The Module Hardware Development Team at Silicon Labs creates wireless System-in-Package (SiP) and PCB Modules. Designed for simplicity, these products integrate Silicon Labs ICs alongside RF matching and integrated antennas to provide a pre-certified hardware platform to our customers. Radio protocols include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Thread, Proprietary 15.4, and sub-GHz Z-Wave. These modules allow a wide range of software-oriented customers to create price- and performance-leading end products at scale without the need for RF design expertise or fine-scale electronics supply chain management.
In this role, you will work in Module development project. You will be responsible of designing full module HW including schematic and layout work, 3D antenna design, get the prototypes fabricated, conducted and radiated validation and characterization, you transfer the module design into high volume manufacturing. You will work very closely with Module project management, Certification, IC, production testing and packaging organizations.
You will be part of Module HW team and, as an active contributor, you will support team members in challenging technical details. You will support module manufacturing as technical expert. You will report to Module team engineering manager.
- Module HW design
- Module design validation
- Design documentation for production
Requirements & Skills
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Radio Frequency or Electrical Engineering
- working experience in RF technology area in R&D environment
- Measurement skills in HW, RF and Antenna area including tools like network and spectrum analyzers
- Experience in CAD design tools like Mentor or Cadence, AWR and CST
- Understanding of PCB manufacturing and IC packaging
- Understanding of requirements on radio protocols like Bluetooth, Zigbee, Thread, Proprietary 15.4, and sub-GHz Z-Wave
- A good command of the English language
- Team player (good communication skills)
- Independent, persistent working manner
- Quality awareness
- Time Management
Benefits & Perks
- Modern office space in a central location in the immediate vicinity of the Leppävaara railway station, Sello shopping Centre and other Leppävaara services.
- Free covered parking
- Free snacks and beverages
- Extensive occupational health care and supplementary medical expense coverage for treatments performed by specialist physicians
- Flexible working hours
- Mobile phone
- Lunch benefit
- Smartum Exercise & Culture benefit
- Quarterly celebrations / holiday parties
- 3 paid volunteer days per year
- Employment Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid parental leave (maternity 3 months, paternity 2 weeks), additional parental leaves will be in accordance with legislation
- Other Workplace Activities
- Innovation Events – Free Your Gecko
- Monthly “Lunch & Learn” training opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.