Software Developer in Test (SQA)
Location: Graphisoft Park
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Is this a great match for you?
Silicon Labs is looking for an experienced Software Developer or SQA Engineer to develop tests that will improve the quality of our MCU and wireless embedded software products. You will be part of a highly skilled team in which every member is critical to the success of Silicon Lab’s Internet of Things (IoT) product offerings. The ideal candidate has experience developing and testing software, working with either MCU peripherals (8b or 32b) or wireless networking protocols (i.e. Bluetooth, ZigBee, Thread), and has a passion for Java and Python. We’re seeking a creative, flexible, and pragmatic individual with superb communications skills that has a love for problem solving in a fast-paced team environment.
- Design and execute functional, negative, performance, and stress tests for Silicon Labs’ embedded wireless, 8b and 32b MCU products
- Create embedded test applications and JUnit tests to interact together to exercise software features
- Work closely with local and world-wide development team(s) to debug problems found during the test cycle
- Automate tests so they can be run regularly as part of continuous integration
- Work closely with the customer support team to answer, reproduce and solve customer-related issues
- Work closely with the sales team and field application engineers to support customer’s needs and debug customer’s problems
- Build, manage, and maintain a distributed test network
- Able to mentor junior team members and take a lead on projects
- Able to work in Agile test environment
- Proficient in Java and scripting languages such as Perl or Python
- Industry experience with JUnit or NUnit testing and C programming is a huge plus
- Experience with continuous integration techniques
- Experience managing scalable IP-based test
- Experience with leading a small technical team is a plus
- Communicate well and work well in a small cross-functional team
- Able to multitask and able to come up to speed with new technology quickly
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field