Business Development Engineer, IOT
We are Silicon Labs. We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
The Ecosystems team in the Home & Life Business is responsible for working with the largest companies in the IoT space to drive the next generation of IoT devices. We help define the future of IoT markets and products and make sure that Silicon Labs wins with these key innovators and builds the roadmap to succeed.
As a Business Development Engineer, you will partner with Product Management, Segment Marketing, Ecosystems Managers and Sales to support the industry’s leading innovators to define their future solutions, work on the latest IoT technologies and help Silicon Labs to define the products that are needed to be successful with these new technologies and solutions.
- Be the technical voice of the customer within Silicon Labs evangelizing customer strategies and technologies to key internal stakeholders
- Record detailed requirements, constraints and assumptions with team members in order to establish the correct strategy
- Be the technical consultant to customers wishing to develop products for a specific Ecosystem
- Ensure common understanding and collaboration across the organization by setting expectations in accordance with the customer requirements and the agreed internal strategy
- BSEE, BsC, or other technology-related degree
- Desire to develop technical understanding of customers’ use-cases and convert them into Requirements Document to be consumed by other Silicon Labs teams.
- Desire to develop a technical understanding of the silicon, firmware, software and system level technologies required for an IoT system.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and methodologies
- Ability to influence, communicate effective plans, and build trust among cross-functional engineering teams
- Familiarity with, or an ability to learn about IoT wireless protocols, examples include Zigbee, Z-Wave, Thread, Bluetooth and WIFI.
- Organized and detail oriented with an ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Excellent communicator.
Benefits & Perks at Silicon Labs
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Great medical (Choice of PPO or Consumer Driven Health Plan with HSA), dental & vision plans
- Highly competitive salary
- 401k plan with match and Roth plan option
- Equity rewards (RSUs) & Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life/AD&D and disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Adoption assistance Back-Up childcare
- Additional benefit options (Commuter benefits, Legal benefits, Pet insurance)
- 3 paid volunteer days per year
- Charitable contribution match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite gym
- Monthly wellness offerings
- Free snacks
- Monthly company updates with our CEO
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.