Staff SQA Developer In Test for Tool Development
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity.
Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Meet the Team
The Simplicity Studio SQA Development team works with the Simplicity Studio R&D organization to develop automated tests that ensure Simplicity Studio is a high-quality SW Product. Simplicity Studio enables our customers to quickly and easily develop IoT solutions using Silicon Labs development kits and microcontrollers.
Learn about Simplicity Studio here: https://www.silabs.com/developers/simplicity-studio .
Silicon Labs is looking for a Software Developer in Test to plan, develop, debug and automate test scripts to improve the overall quality of Simplicity Studio. The Simplicity Studio SQA Development team works with the Simplicity Studio R&D organization to develop automated tests that ensure Simplicity Studio is a high-quality SW Product. Simplicity Studio is an embedded SW integrated development environment that enables our customers to quickly and easily develop IoT solutions using Silicon Labs development kits and microcontrollers. It provides a diverse set of tools that enable embedded developers with the ability develop, debug, analyze and optimize their applications for Internet of Things (IoT) target markets. You will be a key SW Developer in Test responsible for providing test coverage for a variety of Simplicity Studio features. The ideal candidate has experience with both UI targeted and API level testing. We are a global organization and you will frequently interact with SW Development and SQA Teams based in Austin, Boston and Budapest. We are looking for creative, flexible, pragmatic, and skilled individuals with superb communications skills and a love of problem solving in a fast-paced team environment.
- Author test plans based upon functional software specifications
- Design, implement and execute functional, negative, performance, and stress tests for Silicon Lab’s Simplicity Studio Software Development Environment.
- Triage test results recorded by continuous integration systems.
- Participate in test plan and code reviews
- Participate in defining test infrastructure requirements
- Design and implement test infrastructure as needed
- Work closely with development team(s) to debug problems identified during the test cycle
- Develop automation tests as part of a continuous integration infrastructure
- Assist in resolving customer issues by working closely with the customer support team
- Build, manage, and maintain a distributed test network
- Simplification and automation of product deployments and platform changes
- Optimize test system performance by identifying opportunities for automation
Skills You’ll Need
- BSc or MSc in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or similar with 8+ years industry experience in software development in test
- Expert Python development
- Experienced Java development
- Highly skilled with GIT
- Cross platform knowledgeable on Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work in a demanding, rapid iterative development environment
The following qualifications will be considered a plus:
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Knowledge of Junit
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Cloud Based Computing, SQL Databases
- Knowledge of embedded software development and debug practices
- Familiarity with Robot Framework
- Familiarity with SWT and/or SWT Bot.
- Familiarity with Eclipse
- Familiarity with Full Stack test practices
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
More About You
We are looking for engineers who are motivated and experienced in software engineering with an enthusiastic attitude towards technology, solving problems, learning and collaborating with diverse team members.
Want to know what our employees are saying? Check us out on Glassdoor
What You’ll Get:
Not only will you be joining a highly-skilled and tight-knit team where every engineer makes a significant impact on the end product, we also have a good work/life balance making our environment welcoming and fun.
Budapest Perks & Benefits
You would be working from our office in Budapest, in Graphisoft Park, next to the riverbank of the Danube. We also offer:
- annual Budapest travel card or parking in the office garage
- great cafeteria system
- opportunity to join Employment Stock Purchase Plan
- private health care access
- life and accident insurance for every employee
- contribution to a voluntary private pension fund
- possibility to meet with the executive team regularly
- supportive and multicultural office with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues
- we prioritize the time for social activities, competitions, after work dinners and so much more!
Sound like good match for you? Apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.