Administrative Tax Assistant - Milwaukee
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – MILWAUKEE
Sikich LLP is a global company specializing in technology enabled-professional services. With employees across the nation, Sikich draws on a diverse portfolio of technology solutions to deliver transformative digital strategies and ranks as one of the largest CPA firms in the United States. Our dynamic environment attracts top-notch employees who enjoy being at the cutting edge and seeing every day how their work makes a difference.
Sikich’s internal administration professionals are responsible for the coordination and facilitation of all administrative operations for the firm offices. Professionals in this field support partners and employees within the office to ensure office procedures and processes are implemented, communicated and followed through. They also serve as the provider of informal guidance, conduct training for new employees and coordinate local meetings. Ensuring the comfort and seeing to the needs of clients, visitors, recruits and other visitors, the internal administration team is often the firm’s frontline.
Watch this video to hear what people have to say about Sikich.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to our management team using best practices to optimize workflow, efficiency, resources, and client satisfaction.
- Receive and direct telephone calls. Relay conversations and messages to others while maintaining accuracy, clarity and confidentiality.
- Support and assist other team members with projects and as backup, as needed.
- Process and track client engagement letters, organizers, returns, extensions and estimates.
- Prepare correspondence, proofread and format documents using Microsoft Word.
- Prepare and work with spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel.
- Establish positive rapport with clients, team members, visitors and people coming in and out of the office daily.
- Serve as a resource/contact for software programs including, GoFileRoom, CCH Axcess Tax software and additional tax-related programs and procedures.
- Responsible for overall document organization including scanning and storage.
- Promote new ideas and solutions for process improvements. Conduct research of best practices
- Receive deliveries, send packages and sort/deliver mail.
- Ensure the office environment is organized, free of clutter and maintained in a professional manner.
- Have a positive and engaging demeanor for the team and the office.
- Maintain the highest degree of professionalism and strict client confidentiality.
- Ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Prior work experience in an administrative tax support role.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, deadline driven environment with flexibility to work overtime as needed (busy season - March, April, September & October).
- Flexibility to work onsite in our Milwaukee Office.
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-through skills with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as work cooperatively with all levels of management and employees and contribute as a team member.
- Prioritize, plan and organize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Operate with a sense of urgency.
- Prior experience in a public accounting or other professional services firm is a plus.
A LOCATION YOU’LL LOVE
Sikich provides solutions-based services to clients across the globe. Our employees are located throughout the country, with offices in Chicago, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, Akron and more.
MILWAUKEE: Our Milwaukee office includes professionals in accounting, tax, cybersecurity, marketing, human capital management, internal administration and more. In recent years, the office was awarded the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Top Workplace award and has also been recognized as Milwaukee’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work For. The experts in this office frequently present at local industry events and conferences.
SIKICH CORE VALUES
- Absolute Integrity
- Continuous Innovation
At Sikich, our core values are of the utmost importance to our leaders. Sikich provides a positive environment focused on growth, recognition, teamwork and success. We believe our people are our greatest asset and strive to ensure that our employees feel empowered, challenged, comfortable and valued.
Our employees enjoy expansive benefit offerings, ranging from wellness programs to our flexible time off policy. Sikich prioritizes our employees’ personal welfare; making sure our staff’s health, family time and well-being are not compromised in order to further their career.
- Our flexible time off policy encourages every full-time employee to take off at least four weeks for personal, vacation or sick leave. This benefit is activated as soon as you start with the firm.
- We observe firm-wide office closure during the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Sikich encourages employees to work remotely from their home office in most roles.
- We provide a wellness program to engage, challenge and empower you to take responsibility for your own well-being. Activities can be tracked through our wellness provider to obtain gift cards or other rewards.
- We also offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life and accident/death/disability insurance options
- 12-weeks of parental leave for birth or adoption of a child
- 8 paid holidays annually
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- Employee referral bonus program
- FORCE – our community volunteer program (each employee may use up to 4 hours of paid time annually to volunteer and make a difference in their local communities)
- Compensated learning and development opportunities, including the firm-wide program, Sikich University
- Flexible Time Off
- Resources to countless subject-matter experts, who are eager to teach
- The opportunity to move between divisions within the firm
Sikich LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V