AUDIT MANAGER – REMOTE/VIRTUAL ROLE
(St. Louis Region)
Sikich LLP www.sikich.com is a global company specializing in technology enabled-professional services. With employees across the nation, Sikich draws on a diverse portfolio of technology solutions to deliver transformative digital strategies and ranks as one of the largest CPA firms in the United States. Our dynamic environment attracts top-notch employees who enjoy being at the cutting edge and seeing every day how their work makes a difference.
Watch this video to hear what people have to say about Sikich.
Working in a fast-paced environment while also dealing hands-on with valued clients, audit professionals at Sikich are highly motivated and detail-oriented individuals. Professionals in this field possess excellent communication skills and are comfortable providing strategic and tactical accounting advice and recommendations to firm clients. Our audit professionals utilize technology to deliver effective client solutions and spend time researching new and developing changes in the field. Sikich’s audit team members are educated in finance, accounting and related fields.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements with the ability to manage to budget.
- Manage key components of multiple audit engagements including strategy, planning, risk assessment, team management, and delivery of exceptional client service.
- Provide thought leadership and insightful recommendations surrounding a broad range of complex issues related to business processes and controls by leveraging expertise and experience.
- Perform a detailed review of higher-risk areas to ensure technical accuracy and completeness of the audit work, that sufficient and appropriate evidence is obtained, and conclusions are appropriate.
- Build and maintain strong, long-term relationships with key client sponsors.
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring all levels of staff.
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff.
- Assist partners and senior leaders with generating new business opportunities and building client networks and relationships.
- Understand our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients.
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training audit and assurance professionals.
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education.
- Deliver exceptional client support virtually and onsite as needed.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 5+ years of progressive public accounting background with management experience.
- 3+ years leading teams and audit engagements.
- Experience with governmental audits preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple engagement and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software.
- Strong technical accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS.
- CPA certification or eligibility to sit is highly desirable.
- Flexible time off - minimum of 4 weeks
- Paid holidays
- Holiday break - we close the week between Christmas and New Year's Day
- Health, dental and vision insurance options
- 401(k) match
Sikich LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V