Tax Sr. Manager
TAX SR. MANAGER - REMOTE/VIRTUAL ROLE
Sikich LLP www.sikich.com is a global company specializing in technology enabled-professional services. With employees across the nation, Sikich draws on a diverse portfolio of technology solutions to deliver transformative digital strategies and ranks as one of the largest CPA firms in the United States. Our dynamic environment attracts top-notch employees who enjoy being at the cutting edge and seeing every day how their work makes a difference.
Watch this video to hear what people have to say about Sikich.
Our tax professionals are highly motivated self-starters with a passion for education and growth. With technical expertise in tax compliance, regulations and the ever-changing tax environment, our professionals assist clients in educating and advising them on what matters to their business. Our team members are nimble and have experience working with clients of varying sizes within many industries. Sikich tax professionals are also equipped with digital solutions that enable them to be advisors and consultative in their role at Sikich. Additionally, our tax department shares projects and resources across offices through our cloud-based solutions that allow us to collaborate globally.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements, including supervising tax planning and business succession planning engagements with the ability to manage to budget
- Consult with partners, business and individual tax clients on various matters
- Work with other CPA and Advisory and Technology service team members to provide comprehensive business solutions to middle market businesses and their stakeholders
- Build and maintain strong, long-term relationships with key client sponsors and growing client base.
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring all levels of staff.
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff.
- Assist partners and senior leaders with generating new business opportunities and building client networks and relationships.
- Understand our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients with our comprehensive solutions.
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining, and training our team of up and coming professionals.
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education.
- Provide thought leadership and insightful recommendations surrounding a broad range of complex issues by leveraging expertise and experience.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 7+ years’ current public accounting experience.
- 5+ years’ experience leading teams, coaching, and mentoring staff.
- CPA or EA certification
- Proficiency with computerized tax software & Microsoft Office.
- Strong client rapport & project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Our employees enjoy expansive benefit offerings, ranging from wellness programs to our flexible time off policy. Sikich prioritizes our employees’ personal welfare; making sure our staff’s health, family time and well-being are not compromised in order to further their career.
Flexible time off policy, we encourage every full-time employee to take off at least four weeks for personal, vacation or sick leave. This benefit is activated as soon as you start with the firm.
Holiday closure, we observe firm-wide office closure during the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Wellness program, we provide a wellness program to engage, challenge and empower you to take responsibility for your own well-being. Activities can be tracked through our wellness provider to obtain gift cards or other rewards.
We also offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life and accident/death/disability insurance options
- HSA employer contribution
- 8 paid holidays annually
- Flexible work arrangements
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave due to the birth of your child or the placement of an adopted child within your home
- 3 weeks of paid paternity leave for fathers for the birth of their child
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- CPA bonus with 4 paid exam days & 4 paid study days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Client referral bonus program
- Pet insurance
- FORCE – our community volunteer program (each employee may use up to 4 hours of paid time annually to volunteer and make a difference in their local communities)
Sikich LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V