SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Sikich LLP is a global company specializing in technology enabled-professional services. With employees across the nation, Sikich draws on a diverse portfolio of technology solutions to deliver transformative digital strategies and ranks as one of the largest CPA firms in the United States. Our dynamic environment attracts top-notch employees who enjoy being at the cutting edge and seeing every day how their work makes a difference.
Sikich’s internal administration professionals are responsible for the coordination and facilitation of all administrative operations for the firm offices. Professionals in this field support partners and employees within the office to ensure office procedures and processes are implemented, communicated and followed through. They also serve as the provider of informal guidance, conduct training for new employees and coordinate local meetings. Ensuring the comfort and seeing to the needs of clients, visitors, recruits and other visitors, the internal administration team is often the firm’s frontline.
Watch this video to hear what people have to say about Sikich.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Administrative Manager and will serve as the main administrative contact between the Indianapolis and Akron offices.
- Provide advanced administrative support to our tax management team using best practices to optimize workflow, efficiency, resources, and client satisfaction.
- Process and track client engagement letters, organizers, returns, extensions and estimates.
- Prepare advanced correspondence, proofread and format documents using Microsoft Word.
- Prepare and work with advanced spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel.
- Act as a liaison between administrative team in the office and the Administrative Manager on day-to-day planning and problem solving.
- Maintain a full understanding of office practices and be a resource for policies and procedures.
- Establish positive rapport with clients and team members.
- Be a positive influence and go-to-person for the administrative team.
- Champion process improvement efforts.
- Responsible for overall document organization including scanning and storage.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as work cooperatively with all levels of management and employees and contribute as a team member.
- Maintain the highest degree of professionalism and strict client confidentiality.
- Serve as the primary resource for software programs including, GoFileRoom, CCH Axcess Tax software, CE, Safesend, Caseware and additional tax-related programs experience is a plus.
- Generate and distribute various reports.
- Support and assist other team members with projects and as backup, as needed, including but not limited to receiving and directing phone calls, relaying conversations and messages to others while maintaining accuracy and confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or similar work experience
- 3+ years experience in an administrative support role.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to manage and adapt to multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility with work hours and overtime, as needed.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-through skills with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize, plan and organize multiple projects simultaneously.
Our employees enjoy expansive benefit offerings, ranging from wellness programs to our flexible time off policy. Sikich prioritizes our employees’ personal welfare; making sure our staff’s health, family time and well-being are not compromised in order to further their career.
Our flexible time off policy encourages every full-time employee to take off at least four weeks for personal, vacation or sick leave. This benefit is activated as soon as you start with the firm.
We observe firm-wide office closure during the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
We provide a wellness program to engage, challenge and empower you to take responsibility for your own well-being. Activities can be tracked through our wellness provider to obtain gift cards or other rewards.
We also offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life and accident/death/disability insurance options
- HSA employer contribution
- 8 paid holidays annually
- Flexible work arrangements
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave due to the birth of your child or the placement of an adopted child within your home
- 3 weeks of paid paternity leave for fathers for the birth of their child
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- CPA bonus with 4 paid exam days & 4 paid study days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Client referral bonus program
- Pet insurance
- FORCE – our community volunteer program (each employee may use up to 4 hours of paid time annually to volunteer and make a difference in their local communities)
Sikich LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V