TAX SENIOR - REMOTE/VIRTUAL ROLE
Sikich LLP www.sikich.com is a global company specializing in technology enabled-professional services. With employees across the nation, Sikich draws on a diverse portfolio of technology solutions to deliver transformative digital strategies and ranks as one of the largest CPA firms in the United States. Our dynamic environment attracts top-notch employees who enjoy being at the cutting edge and seeing every day how their work makes a difference.
Watch this video to hear what people have to say about Sikich.
Our tax professionals are highly motivated self-starters with a passion for education and growth. With technical expertise in tax compliance, regulations and the ever-changing tax environment, our professionals assist clients in educating and advising them on what matters to their business. Our team members are nimble and have experience working with clients of varying sizes within many industries. Sikich tax professionals are also equipped with digital solutions that enable them to be advisors and consultative in their role at Sikich. Additionally, our tax department shares projects and resources across offices through our cloud-based solutions that allow us to collaborate globally.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Support tax and business succession planning services and train to become a lead advisor
- Ability to move into a client facing, business and tax advisory role
- Work with audit and assurance team in a tax and advisory role
- Be a team player
- Prepare and review more complex tax returns (consolidated or multi-state business returns, complex pass-through entities and complex individuals)
- Identify and research tax planning and compliance issues
- Assist partners and managers in consulting with closely held businesses and individual clients on financial and tax planning matters
- Interest in career growth, business succession planning and providing solutions
- Coach and train and mentor entry level staff and interns
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA or EA certification (or progress towards certification)
- 3+ years of current public accounting experience
- 1+ years experience leading teams; coaching and mentoring junior staff
- Ability to manage multiple engagements simultaneously
- Exceptional communication skills
- Skilled at building client rapport and working relationships
- Proficiency with computerized tax software and MS Office
Our employees enjoy expansive benefit offerings, ranging from wellness programs to our flexible time off policy. Sikich prioritizes our employees’ personal welfare; making sure our staff’s health, family time and well-being are not compromised in order to further their career.
Flexible time off policy, we encourage every full-time employee to take off at least four weeks for personal, vacation or sick leave. This benefit is activated as soon as you start with the firm.
Holiday closure, we observe firm-wide office closure during the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Wellness program, we provide a wellness program to engage, challenge and empower you to take responsibility for your own well-being. Activities can be tracked through our wellness provider to obtain gift cards or other rewards.
We also offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life and accident/death/disability insurance options
- HSA employer contribution
- 8 paid holidays annually
- Flexible work arrangements
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave due to the birth of your child or the placement of an adopted child within your home
- 3 weeks of paid paternity leave for fathers for the birth of their child
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- CPA bonus with 4 paid exam days & 4 paid study days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Client referral bonus program
- Pet insurance
- FORCE – our community volunteer program (each employee may use up to 4 hours of paid time annually to volunteer and make a difference in their local communities)
Sikich LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V