Manager, Facilities and Technical
Technical and Facilities Manager
The Technical and Facilities Manager is a key member of the leadership team reporting directly to the Facility Site Director. This position will provide general leadership to technical, equipment support and facility needs. This position is responsible for managing the technical teams including the managers ensuring our production equipment is well maintained, repairs are completed promptly and efficiently, and our spare parts inventory is adequately supplied to minimize loss production time while keeping costs in check. The Technical and Facilities manager works in partnership with our R&D Engineering teams to evaluate new equipment and processes from idea conception to implementation including floor layouts and overseeing electrical requirements.
Manages the technical group to include, but not limited to the following:
- Equipment maintenance and repair
- Facility maintenance and repair
- Adherence to OSHA policies including proper training of technical team members
- Safety and quality standards
- Design and layout of facility work flow
- Maintenance planning
- Manage multiple job priorities
- Timely execution of assigned tasks
- Manage equipment vendors including identify new vendors or sources.
- Negotiate and manage contracts for equipment purchases and vendor support.
- Provide technical input and support for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure contractor compliance with Shutterfly standards
- Report on daily / weekly / monthly on issues, down time, cost and resources, labor and PTO
- Manage technical and facility budget
- Oversee facility needs related to structure, internal and grounds
- Follow-up and track process flow changes and how implementations positively impacted production flow
Key Skills and Experience:
- 6 + years job related experience in industrial engineering with supervising managers and direct labor reports
- Experience managing in a 24/7 environment
- Need to have thorough experience in technical maintenance of light manufacturing equipment
- Digital press, bindery or photofinishing experience is highly recommended
- Thorough understanding of quality assurance, chemical handling and safety standards
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and coordinate multiple priorities in a changing environment and developed effective solutions
- Ability to write concise operation reports, PM’s, document needed procedures and practices
- Documentation and procedure writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- CAD/CAM experience a requirement
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and systems a plus