Assistant Buyer - Contractor
This is a contract position with a duration of 6-9 months+.
The Assistant Buyer - Contractor is primarily responsible for managing packaging inventory for Shutterfly manufacturing locations and partner network. Other responsibilities include supporting new product packaging, RFQ’s, packaging projects, and maintaining item data.
• Perform standard order management tasks such as placing purchase orders
• Collaborates with internal and external partners to meet procurement objectives.
• Maintain master data in Oracle and perform ad-hoc checks to ensure data integrity
• Works closely with Packaging Planners to validate and place orders for Partner Network. Supports partners with order expedites, providing tracking information, following up on past-due PO’s.
• Learn to use & maintain supply chain modeling tools such as network inventory reports, consumption reports, BOM’s, and Sales Order dashboards
• Organize the procurement and distribution of products across multiple sites ensuring balanced inventory levels
• Root cause receiving issues and expedite material deliverables, interfacing as necessary with functional departments (i.e. Purchasing, Partner Management, Warehousing, QA, Accounts Payable, and Manufacturing)
• Coordinates transportation of purchases if necessary and follows up through delivery
• Facilitates return of merchandise to supplier due to quality issues, delivery terms, etc.
• Assist in establishing, reviewing, and recording partner and supplier metrics
• Performs other duties, ad hoc analyses, and special projects as assigned by manager
• B.S. degree with emphasis on Operations, Supply Chain or related fields
• 1-3 years of experience as a purchasing/planning professional
• MS Excel knowledge is a must
• Must be able to present data and analyses in an organized, clear, and concise manner
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
• Prefer experience with enterprise ERP systems, Oracle specifically.
• Familiarity with Lean principles and JIT environments.
Must possess excellent interpersonal skills