Sr. HRIS Analyst- Contractor
The HR Technology team at Shutterfly, Inc. is responsible for the integrity of employee data across the organization. In addition, this group is also responsible for process improvement through the use of HR technology tools and systems. We are continually refining our processes to create a smooth experience for Shutterfly employees.
The Sr. HRIS Business Analyst assists in day to day tasks and support in Workday. The incumbent consistently works to understand the business and structure so that data requests and systems remain relevant and in alignment with the organization. This position supports HR effectiveness by partnering with the HR team to make sure processes are working as designed. Working in a fast-paced environment, this role requires commitment to successful support of process changes, successful execution of deliverable's and excellent service to internal clients. The Sr. HRIS Analyst works under minimal supervision, in accordance with established procedures and reports directly to the Manager, HR Systems.
This position will involve the support of HR business processes and strategies in all functional areas:
- Facilitate information gathering, structured documentation and presentation of findings to all levels of management.
- Provide superior customer service and support to our fellow colleagues and business partners to maximize their efficient use of systems.
- Assist with implementation of process changes and business system enhancements.
- Continuously improve HR Systems processes and procedures by:
- Evaluating functionalities of HR systems and recommend solutions that meet business needs and HR financial requirements:
- Participating in the development of business cases.
- Auditing and refinement of HR data; supporting Workday scheduled updates, striving towards optimization of processes within Workday; continually improving our data footprint.
- Partnering with our Enterprise Applications team to troubleshoot and correct issues within systems or processes outside the HR umbrella of systems.
- Participating in application support and training.
- Supporting the design and implementation of proper internal controls of HR systems for SOX and other compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Human Resources or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years Business Analyst and /or System Development experience.
- Experience supporting and/or implementing functional processes and technical design.
- 3+ years of cross-functional experience on Workday preferred with some experience in SAP.
- Experience with Jobvite, facilities management systems and learning management systems are a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of HRIS / Human Resources and practices associated with this area of a fast-growing organization.
- Ability to understand complex business processes and develop process maps.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently, but also work as part of a collaborative team.
- Possesses business acumen with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems using expertise, creativity and sound judgment.
- Ability to focus granular as well as big picture is helpful.
- An understanding or appreciation for predictive analytics is helpful, as this will eventually be the future path for the HR Technology team.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is critical. This means a VLOOKUP should be standard practice for you and a pivot table is not a foreign concept. Data validation using Excel should also be a standard practice.