Production Technology Engineer
Shutterfly leads the industry in design, service, and innovation. Our wide range of personalized products helps celebrate life's important moments. From cards, announcements, invitations, to stationery, we are committed to delighting our customers every day. We achieve this through cutting-edge technology, uncompromising service, and high-quality products that are beautiful and unique.
Shutterfly is looking for a production technology engineer to join a diverse production-oriented team with a strong focus in tiered support and uptime solutioning - bridging gaps and seamless transitions between production floor, IT, and platform development. Additional responsibilities include deploying, supporting, and maintaining internally developed and externally sourced software and infrastructure components, automated workflow systems, and digital front ends for a variety of manufacturing printing and imaging/personalizing systems, fleet-wide production equipment configuration management (substrates, DFE settings, etc.), operator familiarization and usage, continued application and operator usage optimization.
• Tiered support for manufacturing acting as a liaison between production and development, operations, R&D, and IT
• Manage external vendor software and application support acting as a liaison between manufacturing/production and the vendor support
• Acquire a working understanding of the technologies and architecture of the production/fulfillment software and the production environment
• Develop and manage workflows to include automated workflows, imposition workflows, DFE settings, and others similar to these
• Manage testing platform for development and QA.
• Qualify software upgrades in test environment
• BS in Computer Science, printing related technology, or similar experience.
• 4+ years’ experience in print / imaging production-enabling technologies.
• Knowledge in print production and workflow technologies such as Enfocus PitStop, Switch, Impostrip or other print related technologies.
• HP Indigo and/or HP PWI software familiarity
• MS Windows Server Administration
• Ability to understand large complex systems
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced company with short release cycles
• Prior experience with image processing a plus
• Excellent communication and personal skills