Sr. Director, Strategic Finance
We are looking for a Sr. Director, Strategic Finance reporting to the Vice President of FP&A. The Senior Director of Strategic Finance will provide financial leadership to the Shutterfly’s Operations team. This position works closely with the Chief Operations Officer and his leadership team to develop and execute strategies around its manufacturing sites and operational initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on yet strategic leader who can build the tools and processes to help us scale for the future. He/she will also bring an operational mindset, with experience in both strategic and operational finance. Responsibilities include leading FP&A activities associated with: Annual operating plans; Forecast updates per internal operating cadence, Strategic Long-Range plans; Quarterly and Monthly business results; and identification and communication of business risks and mitigating opportunities. The position also has responsibility of an organization of approximately 12 finance professionals based in Fort Mill, South Carolina. The team provides financial analysis to make sound business decisions including manufacturing optimization, capacity expansion planning, operating cost management. This position is responsible for leading process improvement projects for the processes within the finance organizations as well helping drive productivity projects in all other parts of the business.
· Partner with Operations/Manufacturing leadership to provide key insights and develop and report against appropriate KPI’s. Become a trusted business partner and help drive financially sounds business decisions.
· Identify business risks and mitigating opportunities during the quarter to deliver on annual operating plan.
· Assume financial ownership for gross margin including developing reporting and analytical capabilities for forecasting variable expenses.
· Drive and improve COS/gross margin forecasting process across three segments
· Lead, develop, and mentor team in collaboration with the VP Strategic Finance toward a common vision across the broader Finance organization.
· Perform ad hoc analysis as required.
· BS in Business or technical field required, MBA strongly preferred
· 10+ years of progressively responsible experience, 5+ in a director level role in a public company, ideally in an ecommerce and/or manufacturing environment
· A proven track record in developing high-performance teams and business partnering
· Experience developing and implementing key performance metrics
· Systems savvy, ideally with experience implementing financial tools
· Strong communications skills
· Confident, with strong executive presence
· Self-starter who is comfortable leading in a fast-paced environment and will question and challenge existing norms
· Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, and analytical skills