Senior Manager of Customer Services, BorrowLenses
Sr. Manager of Customer Service, BorrowLenses
This role can be located in either San Carlos, CA or Waltham, MA
Shutterfly is seeking an energetic leader who is balances detail orientation and the big picture and is exceptional in building extraordinary customer experiences to oversee our customer service teams at BorrowLenses. BorrowLenses is the Shutterfly brand where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. We are building out new customer experiences as a core business strategy, and need a leader to bring these to life, including leveraging Salesforce.com service cloud, separating out transactional calls from technical requests, and exploring a remote workforce. They will oversee teams in both San Carlos, CA and Waltham, MA, will partner closely with the Head of Operations to shape overall customer experience strategy. BorrowLenses operates as an independent business unit within Shutterfly.
The Senior Manager of Customer Service will build out a host of customer service experience solutions and products and scale our services to the growth of the business. They will manage both front of house CS and back of house CS teams. This hands-on role will require an individual with advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills. They will work very closely with the PM and engineer teams, the Director of Marketing, and the GM. This role reports to the Head of Operations, has three direct reports and a overseas a broader team of 20+ people.
• Own the customer success vision for BorrowLenses, and lead the implementation of strategic projects, including leveraging our Salesforce platform, seperating technical CS from transactional queries, building out a remote workforce, and building new products and services to superserve BorrowLenses customers
• Manage a team of customer service agents located at two sites, San Carlos CA and Waltham MA (quarterly travel between sites is required)
• Drive tracked improvements in customer satisfaction across all channels (voice, email, chat)
• Develop and maintain KPIs and service level goals across all teams
• Be strategic in implementation of new processes, and manage change across the bi-coastal CS teams and remote employees
• Collaborate with all stakeholders at BorrowLenses to build new products and services to support both our customers and the CS agents
• Gather and analyze relevant data, in order to suggest ongoing improvements to the tools and resources used by the CS groups
• Manage escalation workflows between CS and supporting operations teams
• Problem solve and bring resolution with CS supervisors and leads to identified problem orders
• Forecast and plan labor needs
• Coach and mentor team members with a focus of upstream thinking to continuously improve and enhance service and culture
• 8-years of work experience in a fast-paced customer service environment, with 4-years of CS people managing experience
• 2-year’s experience managing or supervising a remote workforce. Experience setting up a new remote workforce is ideal.
• 2 years work experience in Salesforce Clouds required, and experience with InContact in desired
• Excellent detail orientation, strong organizational skills, and project management experience
• Experience managing CS in an eccomerce or technology company is strongly desired
• The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, with an emphasis in excel
• Basic SQL skills is desired
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is desired
• Experience working in an ecommerce business is preferred
• Technical knowledge of photography or videography is a plus
*Working at Shutterfly*
Our employees at Shutterfly are passionate and possess the deeply held belief that a team working for a cause will reach and benefit millions of people. We are looking for those rare individuals who share our passion about building a great company while delighting our customers, partners and fellow employees.
We keep a fun and casual environment at Shutterfly. Free drinks and snacks are always available, and free gear rental is a unique perk. We have the excitement of the dotcom era and the stability of an established, profitable company.
We are easy to find off 101 in San Carlos.
Shutterfly is an equal opportunity employer