Software Engineering Intern
Seeking a motivated and passionate Intern with solid computer science fundamentals to make a significant contribution to the Shutterfly Photos Front-End team. This is a 11 to 13-week Summer internship, and will report to the Manager of Photos Engineering Group in Tempe, AZ.
The Shutterfly Photos Group is responsible for delivering a web-based cloud photo management application. We use a wide variety of technologies to provide a dynamic front-end experience, such as Node.js, ReactJS, Backbone, SASS and Bootstrap
- Design and development of new front-end features, proof-of-concepts, or add additional monitoring and reporting functionality
- Contribute to best practices by helping author unit tests, functional tests and performance test automation.
- Participate in design reviews of infrastructure and framework components
- Ensure new features are highly performant, and functional in all modern browsers
Key Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of web services and general services design, experience a plus
- Experience with all or some of the following technology is a plus – Git, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, React, Backbone
- Good understanding of how the web and internet works
- Comfortable and experienced at the Unix/Linux command line
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working on your BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Must have a positive, Can Do! Attitude and willing to have fun while working