- Make ready, operate, maintain, and ability to trouble shoot bindery equipment which includes; laminator, UV coater, cutter, folder, mail inserter, inkjet equipment, perfect binder, case maker, and other miscellaneous book binding equipment
- Ensure labor is used efficiently
- Ensure product meets the quality standards
- Ensure associates maintain safety and OSHA standards
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance of bindery equipment
- Timely execution of assigned tasks
- Responsible for cleanliness of area and maintaining 5S standards
- Interact closely with other departments outside of bindery (digital press/ warehouse/ shipping/ Tech support)
- Drive continuous improvement
- Any other project as assigned by management
- Able to make ready, operate, and trouble shoot bindery equipment— laminator, UV coater, cutter, folder, mail inserter, inkjet equipment, perfect binder, case maker, and other misc book binding equipment.
- 3+ years job related production experience
- Must have hard work ethic, ability to learn quickly, and common sense.
- Able to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally; i.e. check email, meetings, interaction
- Leadership and team building skills
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change
- Able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Strong interpersonal/communication and analytical skills
- Passing of WorkKeys Assessment Testing
- High school or vocational/technical school diploma or certificate.
- Additional courses in print production, operations, or similar functional areas.
- Courses in chemistry, electronics, color theory, are desired.