Email Marketing Manager
Shutterfly is looking for a dynamic B2C Email Marketing Manager, who thrives on engaging customers through relevant, conversion driving content, to join our Shutterfly Email Marketing team. The Email Marketing Manager will be a key member of the Lifecycle and Transactional Email Marketing team, reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager. This role is instrumental in driving Program revenue through ownership and measurement of Triggers and Transactional Campaigns. This includes ownership of trigger campaign strategy through to deployment, and the measurement of performance thereafter.
- Assist in meeting revenue and traffic goals through the execution and optimization of the CRM Lifecycle and Transactional email programs
- Participate in campaign strategy development
- Write cohesive, organized and logical creative briefs for campaigns
- Partner with cross-functional marketing and promotions teams to develop integrated campaigns
- Lead campaign execution from creative kickoff to deployment, including managing project timelines, overseeing creative development and web production, performing QA and campaign monitoring, and developing comprehensive campaign reporting
- Ensure assigned deliverables meet expectations, are on strategy, and are executed on time
- Manage day-to-day campaign needs across strategy, creative, production, operations, and QA
- Ensure campaigns (including tests, segmentation and complex logic) are set up and deployed accurately
- Monitor and report out on CRM program performance on a weekly basis, including program and individual campaign metrics. Interpret data to identify red flags as well as provide recommendations for campaign optimization.
- Drive ad-hoc analyses as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7+ years of consumer focused Email Marketing experience
- Strong understanding of customer lifecycle marketing, consumer segmentation and testing strategies
- Thorough understanding of creative brief development and execution best practices for Email marketing
- Has managed projects with creative teams and/or ad agencies
- Work effectively with a variety of work partners to ensure projects are executed successfully
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to prepare clear and concise documents
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated success in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Advanced reporting skills in Excel, experience analyzing data and reporting out results in a coherent manner. Able to identify trends and key performance drivers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines while paying attention to detail
- Independent self-starter with a result-oriented mindset
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, and willing to wear many hats
- Experience managing direct reports preferred