The Shutterfly CRM team is seeking a highly motivated and action-oriented Marketing Director to lead the Direct Mail Marketing program and team. Candidates must have extensive direct mail experience and skills, including DM strategy, creative development, analytics, test design, vendor management, customer segmentation, and team management.
Responsibilities include leading the planning and execution of the Shutterfly Consumer Direct Mail program including over 50 individual mailings and two major holiday catalog campaigns for Shutterfly and Tiny Prints brands. You will drive overall strategy and test plans, make budget recommendations, manage the creative development, and work with cross-functional teams including creative, merchandising, CRM Technology, and analytics. This role is part of the Performance Marketing group at Shutterfly and has 3 direct reports and 1 dedicated analytics resource.
- Responsible for delivering Direct Mail channel quarterly incremental revenue goals and managing $20MM annual budget, within acceptable iROI targets. Manage quarterly planning and budgeting processes.
- Embrace high velocity test & learn culture of Performance Marketing by developing testing strategy for the Direct Mail channel; ensure tests are correctly designed and measured.
- Lead the holiday catalog strategy by collaborating with Senior Marketing executives to translate overall SFLY Holiday strategy into the Catalog strategy – including incorporation of overall holiday brand campaign, space allocation, product priorities, and messaging strategy.
- Own optimal creative development process by collaborating with creative and merchandising teams on schedule and tasks.
- Lead the development of a complex mail plan and testing plan – working with CRM analytics team to ensure test design is accurate to enable test results read. In 2018, we conducted over 30 tests between the SFLY and TP catalog mailings.
- Lead post mortem process by putting together clear and concise analyses of overall program results, including segment performance and test results; translate the results into strategy recommendations for next year’s Holiday Catalog campaigns.
- Own relationship with the print vendors, service bureau, and list brokers to ensure alignment on projects & budgets
- Drive strategy & oversee execution for Life-stage DM campaigns such as Grad, Bridal, and New Moms
- Oversee campaign level analysis and results reporting including test and segment level results. Measure success using LTV, ROI, and other engagement KPI’s.
- Work effectively with cross-functional partners, including creative, finance, merchandising, Integrated Marketing, and CRM Technology team, to ensure projects are executed successfully
- Manage and mentor team of 3 direct reports.
- Highly data driven with exceptional analytic skills required; test design, ability to read and interpret results, develop KPI’s to inform strategy.
- Direct Mail experience required; working with printers, list brokers, service bureau, customer segmentation, test design, and analyzing results.
- Minimum 4-5 years of retail or on-line marketing or creative agency experience; 10+ years of marketing experience.
- Has worked with creative teams and/or ad agencies and evaluated creative assets.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work cross functionally and collaboratively with the creative, product, business, and management teams
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal)
- Exceptional organizational skills and time management, ability to manage multiple projects at once, attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Independent self-starter; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage expectations and proactively find solutions when issues arise
- Advanced Excel skills required. Familiarity with Clarizen or similar Work Management Platform.
- BS/BA required