Sr. Merchandising Planner
We are seeking a talented, driven Senior Merchandising Planner who strives for excellence and has a history of success. The role of a Senior Merchandising Planner will be to deliver data and insight that will help inform the Merchandising strategies across all product, occasions, and brands at SFLY Inc.
This role is highly cross-functional, working with Merchandising, GM, Content to support brand strategy and vision through data-based insights. This individual must be highly entrepreneurial and able to collaborate and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. This role requires a strong and collaborative individual who is detail-oriented, capable of driving the merchandising content planning process, key in leading the merchandising hindsight process and is able to turn analytics into actionable strategic recommendations.
The Sr Merchandising Planner thinks strategically and works collaboratively with multiple cross-functional teams in order to ensure that the assortment onsite supports revenue targets as well as incorporating company strategic objectives. The major objectives of this position are to: (a) Develop the initial merchandising product/occasion/design Content plans and review with Merchant leads to ensure alignment (b) Pull and review all data analytics for product and occasion hindsight as well as in season learnings (c) Identify opportunities as it relates to product, layout, form factor performance (d) Initiate process improvements as it relates to performance metrics, tracking, and financial plans. The Sr Merchandising Planner will be directly responsible for analyzing and developing merchandise trends and strategies for both Pre and In-Season product assortments. The Planner uses analytics to inform assortment plans and provide directional financial targets in order to inform the merchandising assortments across all product categories.
The Sr Merchandising Planner will work closely with the Sr Directors and lead merchants of all Shutterfly product verticals (Cards & Stationery, Photo Gifts and Home Décor, Photobooks and Calendars, Wedding and Tiny Prints), and help inform optimal product and design assortment sizes as well as identify opportunities of growth/maintain/downsize. Candidates with significant experience in merchandising planning/category management at a consumer retail online/brick and mortar company are strongly preferred.
The position reports to the Vice President of Merchandising and Design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and develop merchandising plans by occasion/theme and form factor for C&S, Books and Calendars, by product and recipient for PGHD, and by theme for Kids Storybooks.
- Leverages insights and data in order to influence assortment strategies.
- Provide weekly in-season merchandising performance recaps for broad distribution
- Recap business performance in monthly merchandising review with cross-functional leadership
- Support development of a tops-down perspective on annual/seasonal merchandise strategies; partner with merchant team to collectively determine appropriate product and design counts for ongoing/future product
- Support development of long-range category plans in partnership with Sr Directors and GM
- Collaborate with merchants on development of sub-category sku productivity plans and targets
- Analyze data to provide Merchandising team with a solid foundation of “facts” on product assortment performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Operations, Retail or Business Management required
- At least 4-5 years of merchandise planning, demand forecast, or inventory management experience; passion/excitement for building new tools and processes
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required; must be able to build templates, use reporting tools/ systems, and manipulate large quantities of data in Microsoft Excel to guide decisions
- An entrepreneurial, self-starter attitude, particularly in the Planning & Ops sphere and with key partners
- Demonstrated strong analytical skillset with experience interpreting themes from quantitative data; able to use rigor and logic to solve problems with effective solutions
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships across department
- Ability to concisely present complex information/recommendations in terms meaningful to various audiences