Shutterfly’s application engineering team is seeking to add a key contributor in the design and development of software products. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in building front end applications.
If you like the challenge of working on high volume systems that handle hundreds of millions of dollars annually in e-commerce transactions, this role is for you. The Photos team works on web applications that let users manage their photo collections and upload photos across the site.
This position involves partnering closely with peers and product management to ensure on-time high quality delivery of functional requirements. You will also work closely with senior engineers and architects to leverage and improve the core capabilities of the system. You should feel comfortable designing solutions based on product requirements.
- Design, develop, test, and release web applications in accordance with established requirements, standards, processes and best practices
- Maintain and monitor production applications and platforms
- Prepare high quality technical documentation pertaining to business and technical requirements, including writing design documents, test cases and deployment guides
- Collaborate within an Agile development environment
- Thorough understanding of software development life-cycle and Agile process
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of delivering application from requirement gathering to post-production support in a test-driven and continuous integration environment
- Experience working with unit testing
- Love to build high quality code with efficiency and maintainability in mind.
- Experience with responsive web design and a keen eye for aesthetics and design
- Can identify and address performance bottlenecks in a production environment.
- Have excellent communication skills and be a mentor and role model to less experienced developers
- BS/MS in Computer Science highly desirable.
- At least 7 years’ experience with server-side technologies such as NodeJS.