Lead Quality Engineer (Software)
Shutterfly's purpose is to help share life’s joy. Shutterfly has over 10 million customers, we process over 26 million orders yearly, and host over 40 billion photos. The Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) division is looking for a stellar Lead Quality Engineer to join the team in Tempe, AZ.
What is Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS)?
- Approximately $200M in annual business and the fastest growing segment at Shutterfly which gives it a start – up feel within our successful business
- Drive the sell, creation and implementation of enterprise printing solutions.
- When a leading healthcare provider needs to communicate by print with its 115+ million customers, they contact us!
- Each communication is unique; therefore, each creation, development and implementation are different.
- Every day brings a new opportunity to be creative, passionate and impactful!
What more should you know? As a team, our beliefs are …
- Delight our Customers
- Can Do! and Ownership Mindset
- Pragmatic approach to software development
- Passion for technology
- Commitment to incremental delivery
- Thrive in this fast growth environment
As a Lead Quality Engineer, you will be a key player across development teams which have complete ownership from cradle to grave for various application suites.
How will you make an impact?
- Develop and maintain automation test strategy and frameworks
- Establish and implement QA/QE standards and best practices
- Drive automated and manual test planning
- Assist Technology Manager with Technical Requirements Definition process
- Co-ordinate QA work within remote development teams
- Work with development teams to ensure quality code and deliverables
- Assist with UAT, production support, and production releases
- Assist development team with performance and scalability analysis, load testing
- Defect analysis and reporting
- Manage and mentor quality assurance staff of varying experience levels
Your success will be because you have…
- 8+ years overall Quality Assurance experience
- 3+ years automation testing experience
- 2+ years experience with Selenium and/or other automation tools working on code bases consisting of Java, Angular
- Experience working with remote software development teams
- Ability to adhere to timelines and execute in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
It is helpful, however not required, to have knowledge and/or experience with...
- 2+ years experience leading quality assurance team members
- Agile SDLC processes (Kanban/XP)
- Experience with website testing (SPA, responsive design, cross-browser)
- Experience with web-services testing (REST, SOAP)
- Experience with TestRail, REST-assured, Maven, SureFire or similar technologies
- Hands-on coding with object-oriented languages
- Hands-on coding with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with JIRA, GIT, and Bitbucket or similar tools
- Strong customer focus and owner mindset
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!