Senior DevOps Engineer
Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the Software Engineering team. We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, and detail-oriented DevOps Engineer to manage our app release process and help deliver innovative features reliably and at high velocity.
We are seeking a leader with significant hands-on CI/CD, release automation and scripting experience across all phases of SDLC life cycle. The ideal candidate must be excited to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and rapidly scaling environment. Must be an excellent team player, able to manage their own projects, big and small.
• Develop and implement DevOps standards and best practices to reliably and efficiently compile, build and deploy code, and monitor SBS applications.
• Integrate source code management systems with automation and regression test tools
• Design and build a standard and scalable CI/CD pipeline for test-automation, build automation for local and remote SBS applications
• Assist software engineering teams in creating and managing automated releases (Dev-Test-Stage-Prod) and monitoring Production applications
• Create and maintain documentation related to DevOps standards and best practices
• 5+ years hands-on experience with DevOps operation (envisioning, designing, building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, CI/CD workflows, and integration with the development tools and processes) in a fast-paced environment with multiple software development teams
• 5+ years experience with CI/CD process and platforms (e.g. Jenkins) and containerization technologies (e.g. Docker)
• 5+ years experience in configuration management (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible)
• Experience working on Linux based platforms.
• Experience with CI/CD in AWS and/or other cloud environments
• Experience with Logging/Monitoring tools (e.g. SPLUNK, ELK)
• Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture
• Experience using Git and Build Release Management Tools
• Experience with maintaining distributed systems and web services
• Strong delivery and owner mindset