Senior Manufacturing Capacity Planner
Shutterfly is looking for an experienced Senior Manufacturing Capacity Planner to report within the Manufacturing Control and Optimization organization. The desired candidate will be an exceptional leader who can think and act globally, who can drive major new innovations within our manufacturing operations, and who is passionate about designing the most efficient plans to support production sites as well as customer experience. This role requires a wide range of problem-solving conditions, strategic to real-time, requiring strong utilization of data collection and analysis. The ideal candidate is passionate about leading small teams to deliver big results leveraging data to deliver actionable insights that impact daily business within manufacturing, enjoys the challenge of highly complex, and sometimes ambiguous business context, has a strong delivery record and experienced in driving execution in a cross-functional environment, backed by analysis and data.
As the Senior Capacity Planner, you will be participating and often driving talking points/actions in daily/weekly meetings to review business backlog, product level allocation by production site for the most efficient allocation and conducting ad-hoc analysis for equipment purchase inquiries as well as unplanned demand inquiries. You will support a team that will operate capacity models to forecast productivity-based labor needs, analyzing executional gaps to improve future plans, and initiate processes to better control the utilization of our production tools for consistency and best practices. You will work cross-functionally to ensure that decisions are made and actioned which will allow our operations to run as effectively as possible. Additionally, you’ll lead the design and implementation of building a dynamic capacity model that caters to several internal stakeholders as well as daily manufacturing execution.
- A bachelor's degree in an analytical or business field, or comparable business experience with some technical background.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel for data analysis and reporting.
- Experience working as part of large-scale operations planning or supply chain teams
- Experience in implementing large scale processes to improve efficiency of operations
- Advance Degree (MS/MBA) in the field of operations or strategy
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired, and ambiguity is the norm
- Demonstrated ability to set up processes to scale up operations in a fast-paced organization
- Coordinate with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Finance, and local site workflow teams to maintain and update capacity plans based on staffing, promotional, and demand-based periods.
- Lead Projects to improve planning efficiency and support manufacturing networks of business units, and production centers.
- Build and implement capacity plans for the manufacturing platform that will allow organization to scale to customer demand.
- Prepare management reporting by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends and developing recommendations
- Identify/Implement capacity planning and management tools and technology enablers that will improve operating accuracy, efficiency, and planning.
- Communicate these plans and report on their execution to various stakeholders, and continuously improve the planning and execution cycle.
- Support cross-functional teams in ROI analysis concerning new product introductions, capacity confirmations, and justification for potential capital purchases.