2nd Shift (Weekday Nights) - Machine Operator Level 1 - Lifetouch
2nd Shift Hours:
Mon - Wed, 5pm - 5am
Mon - Wed, 5pm - 5am
Thurs, 5pm - 5am every other week
Hours may vary during peak seasons, flexibility to work various shifts &/or weekends as needed
- Operate and maintain equipment including but not limited to digital presses and/or bindery equipment (HP Indigo, Xerox iGen, Lasermax, UV Coaters, etc.)
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance including troubleshooting problems to maintain quality standards and to keep equipment in running condition - request maintenance as required.
- Inspecting for adherence to procedures using, visual discrimination, print quality analysis, and judgment.
- Recognizing when routine adjustments are necessary and identifying errors at the earliest possible stage to minimize production rework.
- Ensure labor is used efficiently
- Ability to keep good records
- Ensure product meets the quality standards
- Maintain safety and OSHA standards
- Responsible for cleanliness of area and maintaining 5S standards
- Drive continuous improvement
- Any other project as assigned by supervision or management
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- Able to operate and maintain Press and or Bindery equipment.
- Ability to follow written instructions
- A methodical "procedure-oriented" approach to tasks and an affinity for detail for quality control purposes.
- Ability to match or detect subtle differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness
- Must have hard work ethic, ability to learn quickly, and common sense.
- Able to work independently on projects and collaborate as a strong member
- Communicate effectively with supervision, tech support, and other associates
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change
- Able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office programs and email
- Strong interpersonal/communication and analytical skills
- Able to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs., mobility to crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms
- High school or vocational/technical school diploma or certificate.
- Additional courses in print production, operations, or similar functional areas preferred
- Courses in chemistry, electronics, and color theory are desired.
- Background and experience in conventional offset operation, preferably in color printing.
- An understanding of prepress functions.
- Experience in operating mechanical/ electromechanical equipment.
- Experience in basic computer operation.