PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner closely with the Senior Director, Preproduction to ensure overall safety, cost, quality, delivery and employee engagement goals are established, tracked, and attained thru continuous improvement activities and lean initiatives.
- Partner closely with other site Preproduction Managers to develop staffing plans and manage daily cross site production goals that optimize efficiency while achieving quality, delivery, customer service, and budget expectations.
- Provide leadership that drives positive employee engagement and teamwork across not only Preproduction, but all Shutterfly production and related support activities.
- Provide Preproduction Shift Manager leadership support, ensuring performance expectations are developed collaboratively and well understood with timely performance feedback provided.
- Lead by example and drive a culture of accountability.
- Develop the technical skills, leadership skills, and business acumen of the Preproduction team.
- Manage the introduction and implementation of new technologies, processes, methods, products and services as needed.
- Lead and participate in safety, quality, delivery, customer service and productivity initiatives, both within the site and in conjunction with other sites.
- Work in conjunction with other sites to drive “best way” continuous improvement culture and process standardization.
- Assist with the annual development of Preproduction expense budget, capital budget, volume forecasting, and related staffing plans.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Production Engineering, Operations Management or related field
- LEAN certification desirable
- Minimum 10 years of experience in high volume process manufacturing that utilizes state-of-the-art systems and processes.
- Experience leading process improvement initiatives.
- Minimum 5 years in a management or supervisory capacity.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of production processes.
- Proven skills in building strategy and leading projects.
- A hands-on leadership approach with a strong production floor presence.
- Excellent communications skills: Ability to articulate ideas, delegate, direct, motivate and train team across all levels of the organization.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to budget and forecast accurately.
- Demonstrated skills in independent decision making.
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
The physical requirements described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties and responsibilities.
When performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist, balance, reach, use hands and fingers to perform repetitive tasks and assemble/disassemble equipment.