Machine Operator - All Shifts. All Levels. Hiring for January 2020!
Shutterfly's purpose is to help share life’s joy. Shutterfly has over 10 million customers, we process over 26 million orders yearly, and host over 40 billion photos. Our manufacturing teams work in state-of-the-art facilities to produce these products that delight our customers.
All Shifts. All Levels. Apply Now.
Top 10 Reasons to Work at Shutterfly!!!!
- Career with on-the-job training and development
- Coolest co-workers in town!
- Competitive hourly pay and overtime during peak production
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off. (i.e.…paid vacation!)
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facility
- Casual, relaxed attire
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
- Too many additional reasons to list
- Operate and maintain equipment including but not limited to digital presses and/or bindery equipment (for example: Digital Press operator (HP), Bindery operator, Inserter operator, MBO operator, Die cutter operator, UV coater, Folder operator, Muller Martini, Brausse, Sewer, Stitcher, CMC).
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance including troubleshooting problems to maintain quality standards and to keep equipment in running condition - request maintenance as required.
- Inspect for adherence to procedures using, visual discrimination, print quality analysis, and judgment.
- Recognize when routine adjustments are necessary and identifying errors at the earliest possible stage to minimize production rework.
- Ability to keep good records
- Ensure product meets the quality standards defined by the company
- Maintain safety and OSHA standards
- Responsible for cleanliness of area and maintaining 5S standards
- Drive continuous improvement
- Any other project as assigned by supervision or management
- Interact with other departments as needed
- Work closely with other employees and contractors to meet production goals
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- Able to operate and maintain Press and or Bindery equipment.
- Ability to follow written instructions
- A methodical "procedure-oriented" approach to tasks and an affinity for detail for quality control purposes.
- Ability to match or detect subtle differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness
- Must have good, consistent work ethic and the ability to learn quickly, and make good decisions
- Able to work independently on projects and collaborate as a strong member
- Communicate effectively with leadership, tech support, and other associates
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change
- Able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office programs and email
- Strong interpersonal/communication and analytical skills
- Able to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs., mobility to crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms.
- Background and experience in conventional offset operation, preferably in color printing.
- An understanding of prepress functions.
- Experience in operating mechanical/ electromechanical equipment.
- Experience in basic computer operations
- High school or vocational/technical school diploma or certificate.
- Additional courses in print production, operations, or similar functional areas preferred
- Courses in chemistry, electronics, and color theory are desired.
1st - Mon-Thurs. 4 am - 4 pm
2nd - Mon-Thurs. 4 pm - 4 am
3rd - Thurs-Sun. 4 am - 4 pm
4th - Thurs-Sun. 4 pm - 4 am
Hours may vary during peak seasons, flexibility to work various shifts &/or weekends as needed is required