Sr. Release Engineer 2
As an Mobile Release Engineer at Shutterfly you’ll have an opportunity to work on innovative mobile projects that would impact tens of millions of people's lives. The team you would work with is small and agile, with talented people, who are proud of what they have built, yet eager to keep improving it for our customers. The team works on both our Shutterfly for iOS and Shutterfly for Android apps and both of them have received very positive reviews.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated innovative thinker who cares for our customers' happiness, the quality of the apps and the services, as well as the quality of the code. You will work with the engineering and QA teams to own, build and maintain a flawless build, test and release pipeline that will scale to our entire portfolio of iOS and Android apps. You will build tools to help monitor application performance in production. You will monitor and champion proper source control best practices, and generally work to ensure that each release of our apps is extremely high quality.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 5+ years experience administering a central build server for mobile applications
- 3+ years experience writing code using Bash Scripting, Ruby, Python or other scripting languages
- Solid understanding of Continuous integration and Continuous delivery concepts
- Expert knowledge working with git and Github
- Experience working with Jenkins or another build automation system
- Experience with HockeyApp or other mobile app distribution platforms
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working on native iOS and Android apps using Objective-C, Swift and Java that are available in the App Store and Google Play.
- Solid understanding of unit testing frameworks on iOS and Android
- Familiarity with documentation tools
- Open source contributions
- Understanding/Exposure to usage of REST APIs.
- Experience working with automated test frameworks such as Appium