Business Analytics Manager
Shutterfly is seeking a highly motivated, strategic and action-oriented Analyst to help drive strategy and analysis of the BorrowLenses business in San Carlos, CA. BorrowLenses is the Shutterfly brand where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. You will report to our Head of Analytics, and work closely with Marketing leadership, Operations leadership, Product Management and the General Manager. BorrowLenses operates as an independent business unit within Shutterfly. This position represents a unique opportunity for someone looking to gain significant experience as an influential analyst, within a leading ecommerce company.
This role is entrepreneurial and cross-functional in nature and as such the candidate must be exceedingly analytical and strategic, demonstrate initiative, and be able to thrive in a collaborative environment. This Analyst will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of our business and our industry, to make data-driven analyisis and strategy recommendations. S/he will be a member of the analytics team which will be balancing time between improving and optimizing the current business, driving new product development, and building out internal data-management reporting and analytical capacity and infrastructure. On an ongoing basis, responsibilities include implementing our pricing strategy and making recommendations to optimize it, forecasting demand and optimizing inventory levels, and supporting analysis across the business including standard reporting and conducting ad-hoc analysis.
- Effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies and financially viable plans.
- Build a deep understanding of the core KPIs to support this rental ecommerce business, including demand analytics and inventory optimization, utilization, payback and other key revenue and profitability drivers
- Be an analytical partner senior BL leandership: Frame up questions, determine and get agreement on the analytical approach, identify and summarize data, synthesize analysis into clear take-aways and deliver actionalable insights.
- Support the pricing, purchasing and promotion strategy work, and partner with Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Experience and Operations in rollout and delivery. Drive key strategic cross functional initiatives, from conception, to testing and piloting, through to execution and optimization.
- Monitor competitive and industry trends: perform market research and competitive analysis, drive quantitative and qualitative customer intelligence and research in order to better understand customer profile, needs and behaviors and develop the business case for new features, initiatives, strategies and categories.
- Great thinker on both a strategic and tactical level, who also has a strong bias to action..
- Passionately quantitative / analytical and detail oriented.
- Effective influencer to help drive key business decisions and initiatives by applying analytics, business frameworks, and through critical thinking.
- Entrpreneurial, with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment. Ability to collaborate actively & effectively on cross-functional teams.
- MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of related analytical and/or strategic experience.
- SQL/database query skills required
*Working at Shutterfly*
Our employees at Shutterfly are passionate and possess the deeply held belief that a team working for a cause will reach and benefit millions of people. We are looking for those rare individuals who share our passion about building a great company while delighting our customers, partners and fellow employees.
We keep a fun and casual environment at Shutterfly. Free drinks and snacks are always available, and free gear rental is a unique perk. We have the excitement of the dotcom era and the stability of an established, profitable company.
We are easy to find off 101 in San Carlos.
Shutterfly is an equal opportunity employer