Lead Equipment Technician - 4th Shift (Weekend Nights)
4th Shift Hours:Thurs. - Sun 4pm - 4am
*Flexibility with hours required, as work during other hours/shifts may be needed during peak seasons*
The Lead Equipment Technician will work closely with the Technical Manager to coordinate technicians on each shift. The lead technician will perform electrical, mechanical, chemical, and consumables diagnostics and repair of equipment. Dismantle, adjust, repair and assemble equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, and technical drawings. Use test and diagnostic tools to evaluate equipment operation. Rebuild / modify manufacturing equipment as required. The Lead Tech is responsible for, but not limited to performing audit, working with vendors to schedule upgrades, high-level repair and evaluation of new equipment & software, partners with production staff and management team to ensure optimum equipment “up-time” levels are achieved to ensure success of production team.
The Lead Equipment Technician is a key member of the technical team and the individual must possess the ability to balance the needs of the technical team with the needs of the production teams. The Lead Technician will work with outside vendors on equipment repair, assist in developing equipment & product test harnesses. This position requires the ability to work with all levels of the organization, provide positive feedback, insightful input and suggestions for team success including being a positive example for other technicians and being a leadership liaison between production and technical teams.
• Coordination of technical team on each shift
• Equipment maintenance, diagnostics and repair
• Preventative Maintenance scheduling
• Repair prioritization
• Timely execution of assigned tasks
• Escalation to equipment vendors
• Inventory control, purchasing, parts tracking, and Preventive Maintenance system accuracy of maintenance parts and supplies
• Training and direction of Technicians
• Assist other technicians in troubleshooting and repair across multiple shifts.
• Adherence to OSHA policies
• Records work within issue tracking software
• Must be able to work various shifts depending on business needs
• Must be able to accurately track, manage and provide reports on projects
• Support of Manufacturing R&D team (performing tests, creating summary reports for R&D and management)
• Implementation of equipment improvements and upgrades
• Deployment, documentation and training for new equipment
• Lead and participate in Process/Equipment Improvement Projects
• Leads technical labor scheduling with assistance from the Technical Manager. Lead the technical group in the absence of the Technical Manager
Key Skills and Experience
• Digital Press and Bindery equipment experience desired
• 2 year technical degree or equivalent
• Experience working in a 24/7 environment
• Thorough experience in technical maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
• Thorough understanding of process control and troubleshooting of recurring or intermittent issues.
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams and coordinate multiple priorities in a changing environment and develop effective solutions
• Ability to document procedures and practices.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, e-mail and maintenance/spare parts mgmt. programs.
• Strong understanding of operating systems (e.g. Line controllers, DFE, Equipment UI, etc.)
• HIPPA knowledge a plus