Shutterfly is looking for a Creative Director to join our exceptionally talented in-house creative team to work on our fun and exciting brands. We brainstorm, concept and develop on-brand, business driving campaigns for Shutterfly and TinyPrints. Our omni channel work touches catalog, email, site, social, video and more. The Creative Director will report to the VP of Creative and be part of a team with Creative Directors and Director, Creative Operations.
Not only can you lead killer concepting and campaign work, you are someone with great leadership skills, having led multiple teams, campaigns and projects. You inspire, coach and develop talent and are known for empowering your staff. You love to work across departments building strong relationships that lead to great project outcomes. Your natural curiosity drives you to understand the business and means you stay ahead of the curve in the creative industry.
In this role, the Creative Director will effectively partner with brand and channel marketing, GM and UX teams as well as your teammates in the creative department. Your team consists of Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters and Photo Art Directors. You and your team also leverage our external design agency to help with volume and versioning of work. This is a great opportunity to work for a very fun, dynamic and growing brand. This position is in our Redwood City, CA office.
- Deliver excellent creative direction.
- Build strong relationships across departments with Brand and Channel marketing, GM and UX teams.
- Build strong team bonds within creative and help cultivate our sense of purpose and belonging.
- Lead and inspire a creative team. Manage, coach and develop your staff as well as help with the overall department development.
- Strong presentation skills and showmanship.
- Lead concepting, messaging strategy and campaign development.
- Pitch campaign concepts to internal stakeholders that help grow the brand.
- Develop campaigns from concept, through photoshoot, to channel deliverables.
- Deliver style guides and kit of parts when needed.
- Produce great work that wows and wins customers.
- Manage multiple projects, internal clients and budgets within deadlines.
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
- 4-year degree in Art, Design or Advertising
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Sr or Executive Creative Director and 10 years + in the industry
- Must have managed larger teams of direct reports
- Track record of building inter-departmental and cross-department relationships
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and train creative talent
- Exceptional concepting skills as seen in your sample work of campaigns you have developed
- Ecommerce experience a must, with both online and print experience
- Passionate and driven to create excellent creative work
- Able to keep ego in check while driving innovation
- Great team player, inspirational and motivating
- A portfolio of winning creative work
- Able to multi task
- Proven track record working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A sense of humor