Shift Manager – 1st Shift
Shutterfly's purpose is to help share life’s joy. Shutterfly has over 10 million customers, we process over 26 million orders yearly, and host over 40 billion photos. Our manufacturing teams work in state-of-the-art facilities to produce these products that delight our customers.
Top Reasons to Work at Shutterfly!!!!
- Career with on-the-job training and development
- Coolest co-workers in town!
- Great, competitive benefits and Paid Time Off
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facility
- Casual, relaxed attire
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
- Too many additional reasons to list
General Position Summary:
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Shift Manager oversees the production flow, overall quality, merchandising and packaging portion of the daily operation of the manufacturing production facility.
• Provides general leadership and management to all types of printing processes, manufacturing, packaging, fulfillment, and other areas.
• Provides direct supervision to Leads and Operators.
• Report on daily / weekly / monthly metrics
• Perform assigned duties that fall within the scope of this job as defined by the Manufacturing Manager.
• Plant performance measurements and reporting
• Responsible for labor planning
• Implementation of new systems, policies and procedures
• Promote and drive quality process
• Responsible for safety in all areas such as processing and behavioral
• Adherence to OSHA policies and standards
• Timely execution of assigned tasks
• Developing the team
• Interact closely with other departments outside of operations
• Driving continuous improvement
Key Skills and Experience:
• Preferred candidate will have 6+ years job related experience with supervising over 15 direct reports.
• Digital press, bindery, and/or technical experience a plus.
• Demonstrated the ability to coordinate multiple priorities and developed effective solutions.
• Ability to write concise operation reports with appropriate supporting graphical and presentation exhibits.
• Demonstrated Project and Process Management skills.
• Formal Process Improvement Training preferred (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma)
• Strong interpersonal/communication and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel and MRP systems also a plus.