Senior Manager, Network Operations
Shutterfly is looking for a Senior Manager to lead our network team. Based in our Redwood City office and reporting to the Senior Director of Internet Operations you will be responsible for the operation and health of our global network and one of the key leaders in our organization. Supporting a multi-faceted ecommerce and manufacturing environment, you will be managing a team of distributed engineers ensuring they have clear direction, are meeting their deliverables and ensuring they have what they need to be successful. While you love to lead and manage your team, you are just as comfortable rolling up your sleeves and configuring and tuning the infrastructure when needed. You’ll be responsible for managing and overseeing a multi-million dollar budget, securing the best deals possible with our vendors and ensuring we are spending our budget wisely. Our Engineering and Manufacturing teams will seek you out to provide the best possible solutions that meet their requirements while also meeting our high network standards. You’ll use data to show how your team and our network is performing and be comfortable speaking to all levels of our organization from CTO on down. When things go wrong you’ll be a key leader and participant along with your team to trouble-shoot and resolve issues as fast as possible.
- Be a hands-on manager with deep technical experience in networking, systems, hardware and software
- Manage a small team pf FTE’s and offshore resources
- Directly manage the network project portfolio assigning resources, defining and tracking milestones and managing resource capacity
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Participate in on-call rotation and provide occasional weekend and late-night project support
- Oversee and manage a $3+ million network budget
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services
- Partner with Engineering and Manufacturing teams to define and implement performant, highly available and cost-effective network solutions
- Assist with setting and maintaining service level agreements
- Implement proactive network monitoring tools and manage the reliability and performance of the network to meet business requirements and SLAs
- Define, create and publish metrics and KPI’s for stakeholders
- Ensure network devices are current, patched and secure
- Design and implement short and long-term strategic plans to ensure network and telecom capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Establish best practices and policies for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting network and telecommunications equipment
- A passion to manage, develop and mentor team members
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated individual
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong understanding and experience using Cisco, Palo Alto and Critix networking gear
- Comfortable operating in a rapidly evolving environment, adapting quickly to new information, and re-prioritizing as needed
- Bachelor’s degree CIS, CS, or MIS or equivalent related experience
- 10+ years general IT experience
- 5+ years of direct people management
- 5+ years in network leadership role
- 4+ years’ experience working in a medium to large scale 24x7 ecommerce environment
- 4+ years of experience working with networking protocols including TCP/IP, MP-BGP, MPLS, ISIS, etc.
- 2+ years’ experience implementing and managing cloud connectivity, preferably in AWS
- ITIL knowledge and understanding, ability to implement and adhere to ITIL processes and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of process development and improvement
- Familiarity with management and use of ServiceNow
- Experience working with and managing offshore teams
- Experience with organizational integration (i.e. acquisitions)
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.