Senior Internal Auditor
Shutterfly’s Internal Audit team provides independent, objective audit and consulting activities designed to add value and improve the Company operations. The team helps management accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control frameworks, and governance processes.
The primary focus of this position will be to assist in the planning, testing, and execution of management’s annual internal audit projects and internal controls program in accordance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. This individual will be responsible for executing the Business and Accounting elements of Internal Audit projects and the day-to-day tasks from scoping to testing and final reporting under the direction of Shutterfly’s Internal Audit leadership. This person will work directly with the business, accounting and Finance process owners to help them identify and implement adequate internal controls. This person will also perform the testing of key controls as well as assisting with any remediation efforts. Additionally, this person will assist with the SOX requests from the external auditors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates, and in some cases leads, the development of the annual SOX plan (e.g. planning, risk assessment, scoping, testing allocation, etc.).
- Plays a key role in the scoping, performance and reporting phases of Internal Audit projects.
- Leads discussions with the process owners to update process narratives, RCMs, understand key controls, related risks, and general SOX Compliance.
- Prepares, provides feedback, and maintains process narratives, RCMs, test results, etc. for new and existing processes.
- Conducts and schedules walkthroughs with the process owners and external auditors.
- Responsible for testing key controls for all in-scope Business cycles. This includes coordinating with the Process Owners to obtain the necessary documents for testing.
- Documents test results, issues, and recommendations; provides periodic status updates to the Internal Audit team leadership and key stakeholders.
- Completes SOX remediation testing as needed.
- Performs spreadsheet and report testing used to support financial reporting.
- Assists with SOX requests from the Company’s external auditors.
- Continuously works to enhance the SOX program to become more efficient and effective.
- Keeps current of trends in compliance and current best practices/techniques.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other ad-hoc SOX compliance work and special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, information systems or equivalent experience
- CPA, CIA or CISA preferred
- 5-8 years of experience with a public accounting firm or a public company’s internal audit or SOX department required
- A mix of operational, financial and IT audit experience preferred
Other (knowledge, Skills, And Abilities)
- Knowledge of the COSO control framework
- Deep knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and a thorough understanding of risk and internal controls concepts
- Must be a team player, disciplined worker, have a positive attitude, and willing to learn. The ideal candidate should work independently when required.
- Attention to detail and must be able to multi-task on various projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships across the organization at all levels
- Some travel required (<10%)