Lead UX Designer
Shutterfly’s Commerce team is seeking a passionate hybrid Lead UX/Visual Designer to create innovative, high-quality user experiences that delight our customers and drive business growth. We are looking for someone who is passionate about consumer services, social networking, and e-commerce. As a Lead UX/Visual Designer, you will collaborate with Product Management and Engineering on broad, complex problems that require outstanding practical experience and theoretical knowledge of both design as well as business.
The Commerce team touches the all of the areas of a typical ecommerce site: browsing, searching, site architecture, adding to the cart, and making a purchase. Your skills will be integral to tackling our mission of making the site much more simple and easy to use as we move into a new, cleaner era of Shutterfly design.
The Lead UX/Visual Designer role is an Individual Contributor (IC) role that reports to a Design Manager or Director. As a successful designer in our organization, you are able to shepherd your design through all stages of the process and communicate - visually, through storytelling, and through words - the value of your design. You are able to take risks and to understand when to reduce to the MVP while also keeping the better, bigger design in sight.
- Drive the design for products and services for the site services platform, including settings, cart, auth services that support multiple brands, and other complex interfaces with little oversight
- Collaborate with Product Management, Business, and Engineering
- Accountable for end to end design process, including selling ideas and presenting to all levels of leadership
- Create user experience wireframes, specifications, mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Initiate research and apply data gathered through testing and usage trends
- Proactively learn about Shutterfly’s business, culture and customer segments
- 5+ years of experience in user experience design
- Thrive in ambiguity
- Experience with ecommerce flows, use cases and design issues
- Experience in a data and research-driven organization
- Hands on creative thinker with deep design chops
- Ability to collaborate actively & effectively on multidisciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
*Only candidates with a portfolio will be reviewed