Digital Print/Press Operator
- Monitor the printing process to maintain print quality.
- Understand the capabilities of the machine to achieve optimum print quality.
- Maintain workflow efficiency by evaluating processes at each stage of production.
- Proper handling of consumables.
- Operator is responsible for creating a predictable process through:
- Correctly performing preventative maintenance routines.
- Ensuring that each job is properly set up.
- Performing routine printing procedures, most of which require specific skills and aptitudes.
- Inspecting for adherence to procedures using, visual discrimination, print quality analysis, and judgment.
- Recognizing when routine adjustments are necessary and identifying errors at the earliest possible stage to minimize production rework.
- Perform operational functions, as well as routine maintenance, on schedule and according to procedures.
- Perform adjustments accurately, efficiently and according to procedures, minimizing unexpected downtime and maintenance calls.
- Ability to follow written instructions.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn new things.
- Awareness that every press is different and the ability to optimize press operation in a unique environment.
- Ability to match or detect subtle differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
- Mechanical aptitude and skills to perform adjustments and maintenance on mechanical systems.
- Good organizational skills.
- A preference for a clean and orderly work environment.
- Understanding of the use of common hand tools, and good manual dexterity.
- A methodical "procedure-oriented" approach to tasks.
- An affinity for detail for quality control purposes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with high voltage equipment (480V)
- Basic understanding of pneumatics and pneumatic symbols.
- Computer literacy: Installing programs on a computer
- Computer networking basics
- High school or vocational/technical school diploma or certificate.
- Additional courses in print production, operations, or similar functional areas.
- Courses in chemistry, electronics, color theory, are desired.
- Background and experience in conventional offset operation, preferably in color printing.
- An understanding of prepress functions.
- Experience in operating mechanical/ electromechanical equipment.
- Experience in basic computer operation.