Pre-Press (Yearbooks) - 1st Shift
1st Shift Hours:
Mon - Fri, 6:30am - 3:00pm
Hours may vary during peak seasons, flexibility to work various shifts &/or weekends as needed
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: This position is responsible for coordinating all information and materials associated with WebEase and Volumes yearbooks and the entry and release of associated parts into production. This includes but is not limited to physical materials received via USPS, UPS, and FED EX as well as digital media via email, Google Drive, etc. Requires utilization of WebEasier, FOW, and LPIP systems.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all check in functions to ensure all tasks are being completed in a timely manner
- Utilize WebEasier, FOW, and LPIP to release and track cover, endsheet, and miscellaneous parts accordingly
- Assist in managing the LP Covers email box and working closely with Customer Care to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Assist with cover artwork preflight and releasing of Original Design covers and endsheets
- Assist in final quantity entry and create of remakes associated with contract vs actual
- Work closely with the department Leads to prioritize work and assist in maintaining a smooth flow of covers, endsheets, and images through prepress departments as well as addressing Customer Care
- Assist in developing and maintaining work instructions, standard work, and business rules
- Train employees in department functions
- Participate in department meetings to develop daily goals and objectives as well as communicate any rework or process challenges associated with department remakes
- Interact with other production departments as needed
- Interact with IT groups within Lifetouch/Shutterfly to address and resolve technical issues
- Perform testing and participate in Continuous Process Improvement
- Lead by example when it comes to job performance, attendance, attitude, communication, and initiative
- Provide a resource as an extension of management
- Perform other projects or duties as requested
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of the pre-employment assessment
- Advanced knowledge of computers is required this includes but is not limited to: file creation, folder manipulation, server navigation, troubleshooting, image quality evaluation, etc.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Proficient Photoshop skills are preferred
- Extensive knowledge of WebEasier (proprietary software), LPIP, and FOW
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- The ability to learn quickly in a rapidly changing environment is necessary.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work in a team environment.